Hello..... I would like to share my Fissure Experience

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hello..... I would like to share my Fissure Experience

Postby Ramchandra Salunke » 17 Aug 2011, 04:08

Hi Everybody,
My Name is Ramchandra Salunke and i am from India. It was great to know that such a platform exist where people suffering from Anal Fissure ordeal could share their personal experience and also learn more from others. I have read a lot of stories and i do have mine too.
I guess i may be helpful in sharing my story.
I precisely remember it was Saturday when during BM i felt a sharp pain followed by few blood drops. it was not that painful that time but by Monday i could no longer ignore the pain because the worse was after the BM. My initial thought was that i had developed Internal hemorrhoids and continued to believe the same and silently suffered the endless hours of throbbing butt pain. The worse hing was that i could not concentrate on work and enjoy my day. However on one thurday the pain was so extreme that i walked out of the office and rode straight to the Surgeon office. The Surgeon did a visual examination and wih his finger tip ihe slightly gave a little pull and that made me go " AArrrrrrgghh", and he said that i have acute fissure and need not worry about it and gave me medicine which was laxative, Sitz bath, Local analgesic cream for the butt and a tablet named Sunarin, however at the end he said if this does not relieve pain in a week then we will have to do a minor surgery and i need not worry about. While in medication i had few good days but then there would be some really bad days and by the end of ten days i went to see the surgeon again and agsin after the visual inspection he said that the fissure has not healed. I asked him that should i go for the surgery and he said that it was my decision and i should talk with my parents and confirm the same but his body language was clearly indicating me that earlier i did the surger the faster will be the recovery. So finally i decided to go in for the surgery. I know a lot of people have criticized about anal dilation Over LIS. Inspite knowing this fact i agreed to undergon Anal dilation which is also known as Lords Dilation. However before surgery i had asked the doctor the same question that why anal dilation since it is outdated and is not advised. He said that LIS should be opted only in case of chronic fissure and not for acute fissure. Also Anal dilation surgery can produce 100 % result only if the surgeon knows what he is doing and not just taering the poor butt out. Anal Dilation is far superior way of treating not only the fissure, but also for internal hemorrhoids and anal stenosis (for over-tight anal cavity and spastic sphincter).
On the surgery day i was given an enema prior to surgery. I was given General Anesthesia during the surgery and the surgery lasted for 30 minutes. I was admitted overnight and the doctor had said to resume normal diet + laxative for next ten days. Next day i was not feeling any pain in the butt but the worse part was removing the stuff up my ass during the surgery. The BM was painless and today is the seventh day post surgery and i almost feel normal, but the sometimes i sense it slightly exists but very little. But i feel great and really thankful to God for helping me out. I have cut out a lot of details. However if you need know any other detail please feel free to ask me anything. Mean while as day progress i shall post my recovery.
In short follow the following:-
1. Do not be afraid to speak about it to you parents, friends and associates
2. Follow a disciplined fibrous diet so the stools are not hard and the BM are not painful
3. Get examined by the Good Doctor.
I Hope my recovery continues and hope you all too overcome this Pain.
Ramchandra Salunke
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Hello..... I would like to share my Fissure Experience

Postby val » 17 Aug 2011, 10:46

Hi there, welcome to the forum!
Thanks for sharing your experiences, I'm sure it will be helpful to anyone having to go through the dilation.
Here's hoping your fissure is cured and never returns!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Ramchandra Salunke » 21 Aug 2011, 05:18

POST OP DAY 10: Still feeling normal and no pain and hoping for good. :D
Ramchandra Salunke
Fibre Addict

Postby Ramchandra Salunke » 24 Aug 2011, 08:03

POST OP DAY 15: Had my final check up with surgeon to gauge my Fissure heal. He tells me lie down on the side and then he lubricates his finger and puts in my anal cavity at the location where fissure earlier existed, i felt no pain at all and then he concluded that the fissure is completely heal and i can get back to my normal routine like cardio, weights, bike riding etc. At the end he said to avoid all pungent food which shall cause hard stool. I pleaded how grateful i am for giving my normal life back. Thus i can now say that i am officially Anal Fissure free and how i never get it back. Image
Ramchandra Salunke
Fibre Addict

Postby Deleted User 579 » 24 Aug 2011, 09:12

Congratulations!!!!! Image Image Image
I'm so happy you are healed! That's wonderful! Image
Deleted User 579

Postby Ramchandra Salunke » 25 Aug 2011, 07:58

Thank you, all of you and i shall pray for you all
Ramchandra Salunke
Fibre Addict

Postby of all the places to hurt » 25 Aug 2011, 08:24

Well Done Ramchandra your story is a light at the end of a long dark tunnel for some boardies!
of all the places to hurt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby Ramchandra Salunke » 27 Aug 2011, 01:11

Thank you all. Hope we get to read more such stories.
Ramchandra Salunke
Fibre Addict

Postby fissure_sucks » 13 Jul 2012, 12:33

Ramchandra,
Am new to the forum.Are you still active here?Where did you get your surgery done.I am from Bangalore and need some details.Let me know?
fissure_sucks

Postby fissure_sucks » 13 Jul 2012, 12:34

Forgot to introduce.My name is Gopi.
fissure_sucks