Just a question - fissure related??

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Just a question - fissure related??

Postby Sue27uk » 23 Aug 2011, 13:44

Hmm, I just wanted to ask people. Back in March my problems started in a certain way and I am now having similar problems. By my bum hole (sorry cannot think of a nice way to put this!), I got a little lump and when i wiped myself I got pulling and throbbing underneath up to by my vulva. This went a few months ago, but upon recently visiting a private CRS he examined me and this is back again. I do not have a lump, but if I touch the right bum cheek right by my bum hole, I get pulling underneath. When I told this to the NHS CRS he admitted he didn't know what it was, and thought it was related to the fissure and would go. I now feel like I am sitting on a tiny marble, and it is pulling if I walk too far. The last time this happened my GP thought it was an abscess, gave me antibiotics and the little lump went down. I'm wondering if this is muscular, maybe related to spasms???? As my fissure is now superficial and improving alot. Plus I had an MRI scan 2 months ago, along with ultrasounds which have shown nothing. I'm beginning to feel like I am going mad but its definitely there. Anyone know if this is fissure related or do I just have another mystery problem? If I go back to the doc she will say they have done all the scans, and if the CRS doesn't know I'm not sure what else to do!!! :o
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21

Re: Just a question - fissure related??

Postby val » 23 Aug 2011, 14:04

If you think you have something wrong, then stick with your instinct, and get a second opinion.
If you had a lump that went down with antibiotics, well, that sounds like an infection. I'm no doctor, but a throbbing type pain usually indicates an infection too.
A lot of abcesses develop into fistulas, so keep an eye on it!
As you are very well aware - doctors don't know everything!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Sue27uk » 23 Aug 2011, 14:08

Yeah I will keep an eye on it, thanks Val. Am thinking this isn't fissure related to be honest. I may go back to the docs on Thursday (as still have my ear infection), and see what she says. I know I only have to wait until September to see my NHS CRS, only 3 weeks today so may insist at that appointment that something is done :)
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Postby val » 23 Aug 2011, 14:18

Yes, its best to ask as many doctors/nurses as possible, sometimes you'll strike lucky and find someone with a lot of knowledge in that area. We have a group practice so different doctors are good for different things!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby of all the places to hurt » 23 Aug 2011, 15:07

Hi Sue,
You know I am at the same stage as you, and if this was me, I would definately seek medical advice! Like Val says, trust your instinct. We know when there is something wrong don't we! So, time you went out there knocking on some doors and get the answer and then the treatment! Isn't this awful! If it isn't one thing then there is another! I got another issue now yeyyyyy-not!!
of all the places to hurt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby Sue27uk » 24 Aug 2011, 14:06

I went back to the docs today and my normal doc was on hol. Saw another one from the practice, and he was really thorough. Couldn't see an abscess, he thinks I am getting muscle spasms. He advised me to continue with the cream until my NHS appointment and was really encouraging about getting the botox, said that it can really help with fissure problems. Seemed quite knowledgeable, and he's quite experienced as a doctor(having had an abscess himself he told me!). He even does lectures and advises the authority so feel a bit more confident about my next appointment. 19 days and counting until my NHS hospital appointment, and hopefully until i join the NHS waiting list. My Dad has offered to pay if the wait is long, and I may accept. I didn't want to as it's not fair, but intend to pay him back if thats the way I go. Have you had your scan yet Andrea? :D
Sue27uk
Fissureologist