Pain is too much

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Pain is too much

Postby Nina » 24 Aug 2011, 15:16

Hi i'm a seventeen year old, due to return to boarding school next week (which is adding to the stress of having a fissure) although it seems an important thing to do is to not hold in a bm, somedays i just dont have the courage to go because of the pain, i don't know what to do and although the pain is excrutiating haven't built up the courage to seek help from a doctor yet.
I'd love it if someone could give me some quick fix things to help with the pain?
Nina

Topics: 1

Re: Pain is too much

Postby ouchtear » 24 Aug 2011, 18:24

I'm sorry you have to go through this at such a young age.
You have come to the right place..
Holding it in sometimes makes it worse..
Don't be afraid to see a doctor.
If you can.. skip past your GP and go right to a CRS
'Colon Rectal Surgeon' especially if you already know it's a fissure. There is nothing to be embarrased about.. These guys literally look at aholes all day long..
If you have not had the fissure long you may be able to cure it with diet.
Your first step you should consider is metamucil a few times a day and lots of water. Avoid alot of meat..
It is not only important for the stool to be soft... It is equally important that it be grouped together well.
Going too much is never good and the Metamucil keeps it together..
Unfortunately there are no quick fixes..
Go to your doctor..
and keep reading here...
ouchtear
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby of all the places to hurt » 24 Aug 2011, 18:38

Aww Nina how awful at your age. Listen, ouchtear is right, you really need to seek your Doc asap! Especially as your heading off soon! If you can get some cream prescribed you might be lucky and catch this fissure quickly!!!
After a bm, have a hot bath waiting as this relaxes the muscle down there and it calms it down alot! And, to repeat ouch, keep ur bm's soft! So, Miralax/Movicol is your best friend! Also, Nina drink lots of water that is really important too! Be careful what you use to clean urself too. Baby wipes irritate and don't fully clean you anyway. So in your tub, put some salt or dettol etc..in the water. Some chemicals may irritate you more and that's the last thing you need!! See your GP for stool softeners and the cream you need too!! All the great boardies on here will kick in soon and give you some more advice! I wish you well quick!!! Image
of all the places to hurt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby val » 25 Aug 2011, 01:18

Sorry you have to be here Nina,
the others have given great advice already.
If you go to a normal GP ask for one of the healing creams like diltiazem or rectogesic. Most GPs know very little about fissures and will give you cream for piles - which will make things worse.
If you heal it in it's acute stage - ie before 6-8 weeks, then creams, diet and keeping things soft may be all it takes. If you leave it, then you could need more invasive treatments. So... GET TO THAT DOCTOR QUICKLY!!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86