Fissure in Quebec, Canada

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Fissure in Quebec, Canada

Postby twenben » 26 Aug 2011, 09:20

Hi everyone,
I was just wondering if anyone else on this board lives in the province of Quebec (Canada)? If so, do you know which stool softeners I can/should get? Also, how easy is it to see a CRS here?
Thank you,
Twen
twenben
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Fissure in Quebec, Canada

Postby Deleted User 579 » 26 Aug 2011, 09:36

Hi again fellow Canadian! I live in Ontario, but I'm pretty sure you should be able to find Restoralax in Quebec. That's the Canadian version of Miralax. It really helped me a lot. :D
I'm not sure how easy it is to find a CRS in Quebec. It was pretty near impossible to find one where I live in southern Ontario - at least not one who could see me in less than six months to a year. I ended up going to the Rudd clinic in Toronto out of desperation (I don't recommend that place unless there are really no other options!). I did a lot of research online when I was trying to find a surgeon, and came across some information about places in Quebec (I was definitely willing to travel!). If you have difficulty finding a CRS through your GP, you might want to investigate these clinics:
Opmedic
Address
1565 Boulevard de l 'Avenir suite 300
Laval Quebec
Canada H7S 2N5
Attn:
ph: 450-662-9393
fax: 450-662-0676
toll free: 866-999-3885
Description
Since May 2006, state-of-the-art surgical facility providing personalized patient care in a variety of surgical specialties. Services include: Cutaneous Surgery (naevus incision, sebaceous cyst, lipoma, pilonidal sinus), General Surgery (inguinal, umbilical and epigastric, hernia, gall bladder), Hand surgery and carpal tunnel surgery, Digestive endoscopy (upper and lower digestive endoscopies, hemorrhoid ligation, screening colonoscopy), Anorectal surgery (fissure, anal fistula and hemorrhoid repair) Breast Surgery (benign lesions), Gynecologic Surgery (diagnostic and therapeutic hysteroscopy, endometrial ablation, dilation and curettage, diagnostic laparoscopy, surgery for urinary incontinence in women), Cosmetic Surgery (breast augmentation and reduction, abdominal lipectomy, liposuction, Botox and collagen treatments, face and eyelids surgery) ENT (Endoscopic sinus surgery and septoplasty) and Colposcopy. OPMEDIC is recognized by the Santй et Services sociaux du Quйbec, as a specialized medical centre (SMC).
RocklandMD
100, Rockland Road, Suite 110
Mount Royal Montreal Quebec
Canada H3P 2V9
ph: 514-667-3383
fax: 514-667-3834
http://www.rocklandmd.com/CLINIQUE%20MEDICALE/en/B2_MEDECINE_DE_FAMILLE.php
Deleted User 579