still problems need advice

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

still problems need advice

Postby jenny2 » 26 Aug 2011, 16:49

went to crs last week and anal fissure has healed but today i see that my hemmorid is very red and hurts. I am also having other problems, diarrhea, black stool, stomach hurts, lost 21 pounds in the last month. i am considering going to another doctor maybe a gastro to help me. what does everyone think? thanks
jenny2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 35

Re: still problems need advice

Postby Guest » 26 Aug 2011, 19:45

Hi Jenny,
I would definitely go see another doc and see what the black stools and diarrhea is all about. I lost almost 50 lbs w/ my fissure but 21 pounds in a month sounds like a lot. Have you been eating a lot less than normal? Are you taking a stool softener or anything that could be causing the stomach upset?
How long did you have your fissure? The reason I'm asking is skin tags can develop with chronic fissures and are often mis-diagnosed as a hem. Hopefully that's not the case. Hopefully others can add more... Image

Postby PaulsPain » 26 Aug 2011, 22:01

Hi Jenny-
Black stools can be an indication of bleeding further up the GI tract. I would go to a GI very soon. Or even a GP if you have a long wait to get into a GI. But I wouldn't let what you are describing go unchecked.
Take care.
PaulsPain
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby Ramchandra Salunke » 27 Aug 2011, 01:15

HI Jenny, Is it internal or external-H, in any case take care and get yourself diagnosed as symptoms are quite unusual and sober. Take care and eat helthy
Ramchandra Salunke
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby val » 27 Aug 2011, 03:34

Yes, get to a GP immediately. The hemmorrhoid doesn't sound as if it is anything to do with the other symptoms, which are the ones to worry about.
If the hemmie is very red and hurts a lot, it could be thrombosed. To get some relief, put an ice cube in a tiny, thin sandwich bag, and put it on it until it melts, that will take the pain away, and help with the swelling.
Best of luck!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby jenny2 » 27 Aug 2011, 06:28

i have had the fissure maybe 5 months but doc said healed. i just have been having alot of problems with diarrhea then constipation with occasional black stools. the weight loss has been 21 pounds in 1 month. i am not sure why i have lost this much weight. the hemmorid is red, my gp rx something called protoscol but i am afraid to use this? i am seeing a gastro doc next thurs, thanks everyone for the advice...
jenny2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 35