FOLLOW UP YESTERDAY

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: FOLLOW UP YESTERDAY

Postby andy1505 » 30 Aug 2011, 06:38

Ok, started the Nitro today, my god within a few minutes it felt like someone had put my head in a vice!!! have used painkillers before, but 5 hours i still have a banging headache!!!
Hopefully it will get better as i get used to the cream, well i hoping it will!!!
Andy
andy1505
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Postby val » 30 Aug 2011, 07:59

Yes it is awful! I always put it on before bedtime, that way you can fall asleep and the headache's gone by the time you wake up!
It does get better the more you use it.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby andy1505 » 30 Aug 2011, 08:01

Thanks Val, i have been advised to use twice a day, so there is no chance of me just using it at night.
Looking forward to good times though once the fissure is finally healed!!
Andy
andy1505
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Postby val » 30 Aug 2011, 08:17

The nitro is very good stuff if you can stand the headaches! Fingers crossed it heals you!
It does help with the pain anyway. Or perhaps the pain in the head makes the pain in the ass feel less LOL!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Deleted User 579 » 30 Aug 2011, 12:21

Aw Andy - I'm sorry you're getting headaches! I've heard that they diminish after a while once your system gets used to it. I hope you are feeling a bit better. Things will get better and you will enjoy pain-free days again!
Deleted User 579

Postby Sue27uk » 31 Aug 2011, 03:22

I use it twice a day, and got headaches at the start but now not so bad. Just occasionally I get pressure round my head, feels a bit like a halo of pressure! The CRS I saw said if you get headaches you're putting too much in, don't know how true that is :)
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21

Postby vsweeney09 » 31 Aug 2011, 07:05

Andy,
I was prescribed Diltiazem w/Lodicane about 4 weeks ago when I went to the hospital. I was told to put it on 3 times a day for 3 weeks. I have no improvement since then. I had a tear Sunday night after taking stool softeners.
However, I have not had the botox you had or any other treatment yet, besides pain killers and suppository. I was also prescribed Nitro, but that gave me horrible headaches.
Good luck with the cream. If it helps that is wonderful. I am telling you it did not work for me, but everyone is different.
vsweeney09
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5