Fistula

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

Fistula

Postby bherna1 » 09 Sep 2007, 19:22

Thanks to everyone who provided help for my fissure. I have had no bleeding for about 1 month or more. Fluid intake and wipes helped my situation out...as far as the bleeding.

I have seemed to developed another issue down there. After the bleeding has stopped i am having pus around my stool. Sorry for being too descriptive but that is the fact. I pasted the below descripition from my doctor's website. I am making another appointment again for next week or so but i want to know if anyone has had this issue and what they did to help the situation out...I welcome any input or help from anyone.

Thanks
Bernard

a permanent abnormal channel is formed from the site of the original abscess to the surface of the skin near the anus. This channel (fistula) allows for the continuous drainage of the abscesses’ puss-like fluid.
bherna1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Re: Fistula

Postby Guest » 09 Sep 2007, 20:00

There are a few of us here who have had this or thought maybe they had this so I am hoping they will be along shortly. There might be a few threads here and there too you might want to check out.

Postby buttgirl » 10 Sep 2007, 09:26

Not sure I'll be of help here, but are you sure that it's puss, not intestinal mucous? Sometimes the two can look similar.

A fistula usually, but no always has an opening on the outside where it drains. When I had n abscess, however, it just drained out of the fissure.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby bherna1 » 10 Sep 2007, 21:29

it is clear and white. it seems more like mucous.

what did you do for your abscess? Surgery?

Thanks
bherna1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby buttgirl » 11 Sep 2007, 09:22

yep. surgery. the drs cut the entire length of my anal canal down to the muscle so that the asbcess could drain. Talk about a fissure!!!
buttgirl
King Fissure

recovery after surgery

Postby bherna1 » 11 Sep 2007, 20:58

what did you experience after the surgery? full recovery from the fissure?
buttgirl wrote:yep. surgery. the drs cut the entire length of my anal canal down to the muscle so that the asbcess could drain. Talk about a fissure!!!
bherna1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby buttgirl » 12 Sep 2007, 09:43

It took about 7 mos to fully heal, but yes I have recovered from the original fissure and the surgical cut. The botox gave me the last little boost I needed to finally heal a stubborn part of the surgical cut way up top by the rectum. The drs said it would take "about 4 weeks" to heal. They were nuts--maybe if poop weren't shoved in it every day that's how long it would take. Unfortunately, the botox also irritated a roid which turned into a small fissure. That is healing and I definitely prefer it to the surgical cut--close to the opening, easy to clean/soak--but geezo it seems like there should be a better way to deal with the abscess/fissure than giving me another deeper longer one.

If you do have a fistula, be sure to ask about a fistula plug. It requires no cutting, just threading.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby bherna1 » 14 Sep 2007, 22:13

Thanks
bherna1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby dano » 14 Sep 2007, 22:58

thats what i think i have.and i think its keeping my fissure from healing 100%,im at like 95%.....mine doesnt really hurt,but it will leak stuff if you really put pressure on it,guess it could be a fistula,cant get to the doc till nov5th!,that sucks..
dano
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13