discharge normal?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

discharge normal?

Postby joyce » 04 Sep 2011, 09:07

Hi everyone,
I had a spinterotomy/fissure surgery on 7/7/11. I have good and bad days. Yesterday was painful with spasms. I saw my surgeon for a follow-up recently and he said everything looked good and was healing. I'm still having some discharge which is white/very light yellow colored...is this normal at 8 weeks? The pain seems to be related to how many bm's I have per day.
Seattlesounder...thanks for the suggestion to eat most fiber for breakfast & lunch and take the miralax & metamucil before dinner with a miralax at bedtime. I'll try that tonight and hopefully it will reduce the amount of bm's which will also reduce the pain. Trial and error I guess til I figure out what works best for me.
I'm really concerned whether the discharge at 8 weeks is something other's experienced and also wondering how long the pain generally continues? I know everyone's different, but wondering what others have experienced.
Thanks so much...this forum is wonderful,
Larry
joyce
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: discharge normal?

Postby Guest » 04 Sep 2011, 09:43

Hey Joyce,
I'm not sure about the discharge. That may be something you need to have checked out. Yellow and white makes me wonder if there could be infection...
I didn't have any pain or spasms at 2 months post op. Just some irritation where the skin tag was removed if I did too much.
Unfortunately we are all different and what works for me may not work for your husband with diet and fiber, but I've found too much can cause too many BM's. I try to stay around 20-25 grams a day. I don't take fiber supplements and only take a little less than a 1/2 capful of miralax a day.
Hopefully some of the others will come along soon and can chime in...
Take care :)

Re: discharge normal?

Postby val » 04 Sep 2011, 13:04

I'm not too sure about the white/yellow discharge - I agree with Dawn to go and check to make sure there isn't an infection. If it's just the wound a little infected then antibiotics will clear it up in a few days and your husband should feel more comfortable. It can't heal properly if it's infected.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86