have meds but am worried and down..

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

have meds but am worried and down..

Postby Iona » 12 Sep 2011, 08:19

Hello,
Well I went to see my GP this morning and she has prescribed me ibuprophen, stool softners and some suppositories that look a lot like missiles.. not used those before so not loving the isea but needs must i suppose!
I have stopped the anusol as that didnt seem to be helping in fact seemed to make things worse.
What is worrying me is the amount of blood and the fact i feel the sharp pain on two sides of my anus.
The blood is light in colour and after grossing myself out by investigating my stool i can see that it does not contain blood itself - which is a relief - but that means i am making a fair amount just goign to the loo.
I am not bleeding into my underware its just into the loo and on the paper but it is scaring me!
Does this sound familiar at all?
thanks
Iona
Iona
Fibre Addict

Topics: 9

Re: have meds but am worried and down..

Postby Guest » 12 Sep 2011, 08:34

Hi Iona,
Your description of the blood sounds very familiar. Blood when you wipe or even on the tip of the stool is usually how it goes with a fissure.
Also the pain can feel like it's any and everywhere. I would have never guessed my fissure was towards the back because most of the pain felt like it was coming from the left Image
You may want to double check and see if the suppository is for hems. Even if you use them, I would be cautious about using them longer than two weeks, especially since you were already using the anusol.
Good Luck!

Re: have meds but am worried and down..

Postby of all the places to hurt » 12 Sep 2011, 16:18

Image Iona
I too had pain on either side of o. CRS informed me of 2 fissures (as I must be greedy lol)
My GP once prescribed me suppositories and there was and is not a chance in hell that I could or would use them! We are so so sore back there, how could shoving one of them up make things better!!??!!!

As my symptoms were very similar to yours 6 months ago now, I found that this very forum has been the only way I can manage my fissures. Although, the diltiazem cream prescribed by my CRS helped immensely. I don't even use it anymore. I now manage my symptoms, with vaseline around my o before a bm and I take 1 satchet of movicol after my tea, to keep those dreaded bms soft.
So, my advice is stick around here for all your tips on managing ur o whilst you wait to see your Surgeon. Then, you will get to the stage I am at and choose which path to take be it Botox or LIS?? Good Luck!! Image
of all the places to hurt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14