gastro called me.

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

gastro called me.

Postby jenny2 » 14 Sep 2011, 14:43

my gastro called me today and told me that i was positive with the Celiac gene test. they are sending me to have a colonscopy sept 20th and a small bowell follow thru sept 28th. hope this will help me find the reasons i have lost all this weight and have butt problems.. anyone had a small bowell follow thru done?
jenny2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 35

Re: gastro called me.

Postby of all the places to hurt » 15 Sep 2011, 15:04

Aww Jenny I read ur thread and my heart goes out to you! I can't help medically on this. But, I am here for support and a sounding board! Keep watching for someone experienced wi this to chime in. God Bless Image
of all the places to hurt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby Sue27uk » 16 Sep 2011, 10:01

My friend's daughter has cealiac's disease, she went to the hospital to have an endoscopy. Once that was done and confirmed she was put on a gluten free diet and has never felt better. I'm sure this is what they'll do for you. She was very poorly for a while too and they kept telling her it was IBS! My neighbour also has it and it took ages for it to be identified. I'm not sure about the small bowel follow through, but hope you get it sorted :)
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21

Postby Deleted User 579 » 16 Sep 2011, 11:38

Hey Jenny! I'm sorry I don't know anything about a small bowel follow through. I hope it goes well - please keep us posted.

I'm sorry you have celiac, but I'm so glad you actually got a diagnosis. I've also heard about people who suffered for years because they were told they had IBS; but once they eliminated gluten, they felt great again. Going gluten-free can be a bit tricky, but more and more grocery stores and restaurants are offering gluten-free food. I think that once you get on track with the dietary changes, you will feel much better very soon!
Deleted User 579