Very down and a question...

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Very down and a question...

Postby itpainsme » 26 Sep 2011, 16:01

val wrote:Why on earth does it matter so much to you whether botox is considered surgery or not??? Image
And why do you say you consider your botox has "worked?" It may have worked for now, but haven't you read anyone else's experience of botox? Most have gone on to have LIS afterwards because the botox isn't permanent; once it does wear off, most people get a retear.
LIS is a permanent solution, and any retear after it will heal up quickly - can you say the same of botox?
Obviously it is a personal decision, and what works for one person, isn't going to work for another. I have been here a very long time and seen lots of people come and go - and I can tell you with confidence that one shot of botox hasn't worked for anyone that I have seen on here - or indeed in real life.
I think if you are going to take the time and trouble to post something helpful - why do you want to start an argument over something so silly?

It doesn't really matter to me. I thought it was dropped a long time ago, then I saw that 'of all the places to hurt' posted about it again. In her post she asked if I had ever heard of a hysterectomy and did I not consider that surgery either. I replied to her.
So, you don't think me sharing my story and my experience is helpful? I thought I was being helpful to others by sharing my knowledge and experience with them.
itpainsme
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby itpainsme » 26 Sep 2011, 16:06

of all the places to hurt wrote:Dear ITPAINSME,
In response to your other post : Oh the humanity......(I cannot reply there?)
I am absolutely Flabergasted, Astonished and disgusted at your verbal attack on Dawn. Dawn has been and is a very very valuable member of this forum. Her advice and support to everyone must be credited to her!! I for one back her 100% ....Majority if not all of us, do not have an ass of steel and do not consider these injections so flippantly as you. I wonder why u chose the name you have on this forum! itpainsme!!! YES IT DOES!!!!!!!! So, consider the rest of the human race as just that...HUMAN!

I am disgusted by how brash you are. I did not attack Dawn. I simply asked her a question, it was not an attack. I know she is very supportive on these boards and I have been appreciative of it. Maybe you need to re read my post to her. You are acting so immature by making fun of my screen name. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black! You are attacking me and maybe you should consider treating me like a human.
itpainsme
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby of all the places to hurt » 26 Sep 2011, 16:54

Ok, I aired my views and you aired yours. I am not argumentative and am sorry if you think otherwise. I agree that we ALL should air our opinion and then leave it at that. I only hope that your botox works and you don't have to suffer anymore. Living with fissures, hemms, tags ....sucks big time and it only stands to reason that we rant about it. Especially as we are not supported in our communities and with our G.P's. I hope that you understand our rants and also understand that one of our long time members: Dawn, has been there, bought the tee-shirt and helps all of us who haven't (yet?) had to resort to botox or LIS. I wish you well and hope to move on and help the world wide fissure community
of all the places to hurt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby val » 27 Sep 2011, 06:56

Actually, Andrea was answering your post on the 1st of september. So to come on here and start another argument about it nearly a month later is somewhat ridiculous.
You started it all up again by saying that your CRS doesn't consider botox surgery and neither do you.
WE ALL KNOW THAT!!
We have been through all this - here in the UK, botox is administered under "surgery conditions" ie, in a theatre, under a general anaesthetic. We don't just walk into a doctor's office like people do for a blood test, or flu injection - it's quite a big deal!
And I am quite aware, as is everybody else, that botox is just injections. But it IS medical intervention. Surgery is just a flippant, blanket word, that is used to convey that more is needed than just diet, creams and baths.
When my friend went into hospital for the botox injections, I sent a card with "good luck for your upcoming surgery". I don't think I would have been able to find any card with "good luck on your upcoming medical intervention that we aren't allowed to call surgery because it isn't actually surgery!!"
You are being very picky and childish.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby bigbabyboy » 27 Sep 2011, 09:12

LOL... Here in Canada, we get booked in for a general surgery clinic at the hospital, and it's considered Day Surgery. No matter what ya call it, it sucks!! haha Just putting my two cents in, but I'd try botox, LIS...hell I'd even shove a corrot up my butt if it worked. :) I'm just happy to be among people who are going through the same thing and have positive stories to share!!
bigbabyboy
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby Guest » 27 Sep 2011, 09:50

I agree BB, I would have ate a tire if it would have healed my fissure and you're right, it all sucks! Image It would suck worse if we didn't have any options like Botox or LIS and just had to live with it. I'm with you and happy to see success either way!