pelvic floor disfunction/ physiotherapy

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

pelvic floor disfunction/ physiotherapy

Postby andyk123 » 09 Sep 2011, 14:14

has any ever been advised of a link between disfunction in the pelvic floor muscles, and your anal fissure? i have been treated for 'chronic prostatitis' and after a few months i also got an anal fissure, and despite being told they are unrelated, i dont beleive it. i have read a lot online, and also read a book called headache in the pelvis, and i am now confinced i have some sort of pelvic floor muscle disfunction, where my muscles are stuck in tension and need to be taught to relax again. i have read of tripper point therapy and myofascial (sp?) by a specially trained physiotherapist being effective in teaching the body how to relax those muscles again. as at the moment i am well and truely stuck in a pain>tension cycle, and so have both a fissure and urinary issues which my gps nor uroligist seem able to fix.
any one have any knowledge/ experience on this?
andyk123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Re: pelvic floor disfunction/ physiotherapy

Postby juniper » 29 Sep 2011, 11:43

I will be honest with you. I think it is very very very very unlikely you have pelvic floor disfunction. And, as you probably know, it is very unlikely you had prostatitis. Many people with anal fissures or other rectum related problems, can have referred pain in the prostate area. If you want, you can do pelvic floor stretching ( not strenghtening ) exercises but do not become over obsessed with them. Take it easy. P.S. I had my pudendal nerve inflamed and I was misdiagnosed so many times. At the end a Physiotherapist told me to start swimming coz my problems were caused by my lowe back. I started swimming and the pain went away.
juniper
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4