Post LIS pains etc.

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Post LIS pains etc.

Postby Tim » 03 Oct 2011, 09:01

Hey all, I'm 10 days post LIS and feeling pretty good. No real pains with BM's and they are good in size. Konsyl and miralax is working well with that. However, I do get this occassional burn for a moment or two throughout the day. Also, if I've been up and about I do get this dull ache/tight sensation. I'm just hoping that this close to my LIS my rear is not tightening up again....passing gas is no problem and like I stated, movements are good and pain free (slight sting/itch after but nothing like before). I also get some shooting pains through my buttocks and up my back. Dischage is still there (reddish/brown) as well but seems to lessen day by day...and depending on what I'm doing. Does all of this sound normal after LIS? I am no longer on any meds what-so-ever and when I do take an Ibuprofen it helps. Just trying to stay away from them. Might I still be swelled up internally from the surgery? Sorry for the questions but I'm sure like most....we're just scared to ever go back to how things were. Much appreciated!
Tim
Tim
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Re: Post LIS pains etc.

Postby dwarfs8 » 03 Oct 2011, 19:53

hi Tim, from the look of it, i think u r surely heading in the right direction. Do read up Dawn's testimonials on her LIS. do a search, she's no longer in this forum for now, cos she also has fully recovered frm her LIS a yr ago.
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby lurker53 » 04 Oct 2011, 06:43

I've seen Dawn on here helping people out constantly, are we talking about the same Dawn?
lurker53
Salt Bather

Topics: 30

Postby dwarfs8 » 04 Oct 2011, 06:53

Same person
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby of all the places to hurt » 04 Oct 2011, 09:54

I second that! There is also a heck of a lot of information if your mooch around here! Look through Val & Hope2Heal as well! Hope your feeling better soon!
of all the places to hurt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14