new to forum had LIS yesterday

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

new to forum had LIS yesterday

Postby belinda » 09 Nov 2011, 04:57

I found your forum a couple of weeks ago when I was told I should have LIS done, After having a bad experience over 12 years ago with another procedure in this department I was very unsure what to do . My fissure etc has been troubling me for nearly two years and certainly every day for almost a year. I didn't have to wait long for an appointment to have it done , then I started panicking .I was 60/40 against for all the same reasons everyone has , then I started reading all your posts and it wasn't until a few days before my date that I decided I had to go through with it. Even walking up the hospital's stairs I thought what am I doing here , I really think this forum gave me the strength to keep on going . I have to say once in the hospital they put me at ease straight away all the staff were so nice the surgeon even drew a picture and showed me what he was going to do I said do what will cause the least pain and he did. I know it is my first day after op but I have very little discomfort. They asked me what drugs I would like I said not the constipating ones , the anaesthetist said she would give me no morphine or those related drugs, they really tried to keep me informed at all stages so that I felt I had some control over it all. I arrived at the hospital at 12 noon and left at seven that evening with a big bag of goodies , Diclofenic sodium, stool softeners, fybogel, paracetamol, ant biotics and gauze. So far I have just managed with taking the diclofenic it really works for me. I know when I first have a BM I will probbably be reaching for something stronger but am just emjoying for now the time before that happens. I have to thank you all for your advice and information that I gained for reading your posts, I will keep in touch with updates on my recovery. Image belinda
belinda

Topics: 1

Re: new to forum had LIS yesterday

Postby TonyStone » 09 Nov 2011, 07:26

Great news, Congradulations!
TonyStone
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby mayiahsmom » 09 Nov 2011, 15:55

Glad you got to have the surgery! May your recovery be speedy!
mayiahsmom
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby dwarfs8 » 10 Nov 2011, 02:48

congrats, keep us updated!
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby Savaici » 10 Nov 2011, 11:04

Image Hope all is going well!