New here, in horrible pain and terrified!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: New here, in horrible pain and terrified!

Postby dwarfs8 » 31 Oct 2011, 23:05

the doctors only has the general knowledge, the "model" textbooks answers to our condition, while we have the first-hand info, and as we struggle in our pains, we found new remedies and gain even more knowledge!!
seriously the docs shld read up on our posts!
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby wecc » 01 Nov 2011, 05:04

Hello Flipflop…as I said in my first post, I went to marine boot camp many years ago and with that said, AF is the most painful thing I can remember….First, the CRS you chose can make all the difference. I went to one, who seemed rushed and was pushing me out the door. Needless to say…he is history. The CRS I am seeing now is outstanding. He took 20 min to explain everything that is going on and different ways to work though this. Most on the site that had the surgery, said the healing was a walk in the park compared to the daily pain from the AF.
My cousin had a LIS early last year and he is so pissed at himself for waiting so long to have one. He is now back to living his life. In fact, him and his family took a bike tour in the west coast. Yes, they spent 3 days on a bike!!!! I know you cannot even imagine that now….but you will get there. It might not happen overnight….however with that said, your quality of life will get back to where it once was. I can tell you first hand sh__ happens in life. I see people I work with and have lost friends from bad health issue. While this all stinks and many times I got very upset, at the end of the day, things can always be much worse than dealing with an AF. As my wife said to me when this all happened, if this is the worst thing to happen in my life…I am blessed…. Good luck my dear….you will get to the other side!
wecc
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby flipflop » 09 Nov 2011, 22:55

I'm back with another update...I've had a busy week or so. Thanks to your great advice, I did go back and talk face to face with the surgeon. I'm so glad that I did. He took the time to explain the entire process and surgery to me in detail and I do feel so much better about it now. Barring any unforseen issues, he is planning on doing the LIS surgery, he will not attempt to do anything to the existing fissures unless there is alot of scar tissue, then he will just clean up them up a bit. He said they should heal nicely. He is also doing a hemmorhoidectomy. He does not use any stitching and the wounds will remain open until healed.
Now..the rest of the week was total stress!! I went for the stress test as my doc requested. Flew thru the physical part of the test with no problems, but the imagining showed some sort of artifact on the front side of my heart, which in turn got me sent to have a cardiac cathether and a cardiac ultra sound. The Cath was yesterday and the ultrasound was today. There were just some minor issues that aren't bad enough for any treatment at all, so as of 1PM today I was cleared to have the surgery which is tomorrow morning. I am so stressed out I can barely stand it! I can't wait for this week to be over and hope that the surgery will help me to finally get some relief from the pain I've suffered for all of these years. Thanks again to all of you for the words of wisdom, advice and support!
flipflop
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby dwarfs8 » 10 Nov 2011, 02:29

hi flipflop, we can't be there with u but our hearts are! Don't worry too much as the more you think of it, the scarier it gets. And you know how stress can spoil everything, making things worse.
Update us when you are done! :)
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby deb » 10 Nov 2011, 12:59

Good luck! I wish you the best and will look forward to hearing how things go.
deb
Fibre Addict

Postby flipflop » 10 Nov 2011, 22:58

Thank you Dwarfs and Deb. Surgery was 12 hours ago. I did ok getting thru the surgery. They did local anesthesia with sedation and I didn't feel or hear a thing. There was a lot of pressure when I woke up. The doctor did the LIS surgery, skin tag removal and said I had 2 huge internal Hemms that he also removed. (much worse than he thought) He said that is going to be very painful for a while and told me to stay ahead of pain with the pain meds, which I have done. But, this is causing nausia. I haven't eaten anything but jello and applesauce and a lot of liquids. I'm pretty scared anticipating the first BM. Has anyone had a hemmorhoidectomy w their LIS? Does anyone have any suggestions, either about how to control the nausia or that first dreaded BM? I am taking Miralax and Benefiber already.
flipflop
Fibre Addict

Postby Savaici » 11 Nov 2011, 09:19

I have never had LIS, but have had hemmy ops three times. He is right about staying ahead of the pain. There are lots of posts on here about what to eat, drinking water and soaking in a Sitz Bath. So sorry that you are probably in quite a lot of pain, but with Miralax and Benefiber, sounds like you are on the right route anyway. Thinking of you and wishing you a very speedy recovery. Image
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby balotskie » 13 Nov 2011, 05:08

hello everyone Image , i'm new here...just surfing for anal fissure and i saw this site. Its give me more information about anal fissure...I suffer a lot of pain for 2 weeks :( . I thought I have hemorhoids but when the doctor checked my Image he said it is anal fissure. It's so painful!!! Image I'm so afraid of surgery. Pls give me more information how to cure anal fissure Image . Thanks! Image
balotskie