can you tell when you eat something right away.....

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

can you tell when you eat something right away.....

Postby happyass » 02 Oct 2007, 09:37

that your body or digestive system or even your colon or even your fissure has an immediate reaction that it's not appropriate for you to eat?
for instance, there are some of us who are lactose intolerant and in my case, i know i just can't enjoy orange juice or anything too citric like lemonade like i used to.
but on some occassions, things that i use to love to eat with no problem, it's like somewhere inside intuitively, it's telling me it is not a wise choice to eat....
visa versa, do you feel like your body is just super happy and light and full of energy when you eat certain things?
are we in tune with what we eat?
are we listening to what we are putting in our mouths and how our body reacts?
is there a link somewhere between this wisdom and our butt problems?
we may want cheeseburgers and kfc, but our fissure says no!
:cat: Image
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Re: can you tell when you eat something right away.....

Postby Guest » 02 Oct 2007, 10:04

I actually have developed an aversion to certain foods that seem to injure my digestive system. I can be eating something and then within a few bites I get a signal that I need to cease and desist.
I think if you listen to that it keeps providing feedback but when it gets overriden so often I think the response weakens.

Postby Deleted User 5 » 02 Oct 2007, 10:19

Yes, I think a primitive (non-frontal cortex) area of our brain can instantly send us signals that this substance we are ingesting has been a problem before.
I think we all have many evolutionary safeguards in place in our systems that we may or may not be in tune with consciously, but still play a strong role in our well-being or survival.
Pheremones, anyone?
Deleted User 5

Postby buttgirl » 02 Oct 2007, 10:52

funny. I was a really finicky eater when I was a kid. I didn't like french fries. I didn't like cake. I didn't like most sweets in fact. I always felt minorly ill after a meal with a lot of meat. AND i always like brussel sprouts and broccoli stems. Crazy kid, huh?

I mention because with this fissure/rear end problem thing, My diet has become much more like what it was when I was a kid, except now I like broccoli florets. wierd huh? I can usually tell if I am going to have a rough bm by the way I feel after having eaten.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby val » 02 Oct 2007, 12:58

does anyone else fancy eating whatever they hated before they got the fissure?For example, I hate butter and white bread, but my husband had thick doorsteps of white toast thickly spread with butter and I REALLY wanted some! Crazy eh?And I hate junk food but I really fancy a McDonalds!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby juney » 02 Oct 2007, 13:05

i've given up red meat and most dairy since i've been dealing with this. lately i've been really craving a hamburger!! it's the weirdest thing.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Guest » 02 Oct 2007, 17:34

Hey,
I am very careful on what I eat. I am so healthy I can't stand it. I even have a frequent flyer card at the health food store. HA! I don't think it is my insides telling something is wrong to eat, with me it is the fear of having that pain comeback. So I eat what works! AHHHHHHHHHHH
I WANT PIZZA!!!! with extra cheese!!Image But I know that won't work. Take care everyone!!!
Patty :hi:

Postby Guest » 02 Oct 2007, 17:46

I miss pizza. I do have a few bites here and there but when I open the lid of the pizza box to give my girls some I am like ready to stick my face in there and devour it.

Postby happyass » 02 Oct 2007, 19:48

i definitely think you can have pizza again.
look for the whole wheat crust stuff in the freezer section at trader joes or whole foods or other health stores and then use some fresh veggies that you love, some of your favorite tomato sauce - just lightly - and then use some vegan cheese, which have come a long long way!
there is even meatless pepperoni and sausage so you can have your pizza and eat it too!!!!!!
lecia definitely deserves some pizza.....
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74