My LIS, Day 2

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

My LIS, Day 2

Postby Jojo1 » 16 Nov 2011, 21:42

Well, I am into the second day technically and doing okay. Still no bm, but dome gas coming out easily, but controlled. I'm very sore in my head snd neck area especially. Didn't feel it at all last night, but really strongly in the last few hours. Percocet not helping that much at all. Only took one this evening. Want to switch to Tylenol, but my gut is telling me to stay with the perc til after that first bm. No discharge, etc., but tge gauze plug is still in. I couldn't see it or feel it when I explored the area, but do feel the discomfort from it, not too bad, but ready for the next step.
Poop watch is still on, so I'll keep you posted.
Jojo1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 34

Re: My LIS, Day 2

Postby Away PITA! » 17 Nov 2011, 14:11

Poop watch! Good one!
Best of luck with BM #1...keep us posted!
Away PITA!
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby Jojo1 » 17 Nov 2011, 18:08

THE EAGLE HAS LANDED!!
Well, BM #1 is done. It was pretty uneventful. It was sofy and not formed. Didn't feel like much coming out, but ended up being a good amount. No pain or bleeding/discharge so far, but I put a piece of gauze lightly in place for protection just in case.
Cut down to one percocet yesterday and think I am gonna switch over to tylenol overnight. I do have a little discomfort, just enough to be noticable. I know it is still early and based on the way I feel, I expect to go agsin tonight, but I am encouraged by my progress so far. Going to back off of the miralax ever so slightly starting tomorrow, but keep with the mineral oil for another day or so. Will let you know my progress.
Jojo1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 17 Nov 2011, 18:22

That is awesome. Doesn't it feel great to get the first bm out of the way!! Great job Jojo! Happy for you Image

Postby dwarfs8 » 17 Nov 2011, 18:30

Congrats jojo! Keep up the good healing!
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby pita111 » 17 Nov 2011, 19:01

Congrats Jojo!! Stay soft, soak often and drink alot of water. I even drink a glass of prune juice everyday. I am 1 week from my LIS and feel perfectly normal....back on a AM BM everyday...and no PAIN/SPASMS!!! We just need to be very conscious of what we eat....and to "go" every day! I wish you continued success in your recovery!!!
pita111
Fibre Addict

Postby Jojo1 » 17 Nov 2011, 19:43

Thanks all. Yep, so glad to have it out of the way. Jst changed my gauze pad after urinating. There was a spot of yellowish discharge, I guess about the size of a dime. Guess that's normal, will keep an eye on it.
Been munching on my chicken soup. It's more of a stew, really. Tuesday morning I put three chicken breasts in the crockpot with a bag of frozen corn, can of cream of chicken soup, chicken broth with rosemary and some curry powder. Let that go three hours on high, then before leaving for the hospital, I added frozen lima beans and turned it on low. Shut it off when I got back home. It's actually been tasty.
Jojo1
Proctosphincteranalogist