Allergic reaction to botox?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Allergic reaction to botox?

Postby Sue27uk » 11 Dec 2011, 06:26

Just a quick question. I had botox done about 3 weeks ago, have retorn badly etc. But anyway, about a week ago the skin around my 'O' is pink and itchy. I rang the hospital and they told me to use E45 cream, which I have and its not worked! The onyl relief I get is from piriton anti-allergy tablets. Could this be an allergic reaction to the botox? Has anyone else had this reaction? Image It's driving me slightly crazy and I think I'm going to have to go back to the docs :oops:
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21

Re: Allergic reaction to botox?

Postby Newmommy » 12 Dec 2011, 14:38

I am 11 days post-Botox and I started experiencing an intense itchiness a couple of days ago. I was still going crazy with ointments though (calmoseptine and sudocrem) so I thought the area was just getting irritated. I stopped using ointments unless I actually was experiencing discomfort and the ithchiness has reduced but not completely. I think it also might be a sign of healing maybe as the blood is flowing to areas that haven't had as much blood flow due to spasms.
Whatever it is, it is SUPER itchy and annoying!
Last edited by Newmommy on 12 Dec 2011, 14:40, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spelling error
Newmommy
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: Allergic reaction to botox?

Postby Sue27uk » 16 Dec 2011, 13:50

Thank you new mommy! After 2 weeks my itching is subsiding! The doctor has looked and said the external part of the area looks fine so the cream must have worked. He said he didn't know what the itching was, but he was glad it had been cleared up by the cream I was using and wished me Merry Christmas!!!! I hope you are getting some relief too :)
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21