New here :)

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New here :)

Postby Jenbug » 19 Dec 2011, 16:08

My name is Jen, and my story starts in late August. My husband and I had gone out for dinner and I got a nasty case of food poisoning. After spending more than a few hours stuck in the restroom, I felt back to normal. Well, normal as in my butt felt like steak tar tar and the thought of lotioned toilet paper sent me into tears.
In September, I noticed a pain as I walked. It was excruciating! I went to the restroom to investigate and discovered a hard lump on the side of my buttock, which was an abscess. That hurt, but the pain was deep inside my rectum. Being embarressed and telling myself I would wake up better the next day, I ignored this for an entire month until I couldn't walk, sit, or even lay down without wanting to cry.
I finally went to urgent care and the doctor said "yep..that's an abscess". He gave me some antibiotics and told me to contact a rectal surgeon in five days.
Five days later, before I even had my pants off, the surgeon was telling me I had a fistula and needed surgery. After he looked and shoved what felt like a linebacker's fist up there, he told me it was a fistula.
Now, after that I ran to my GP who drained the abscess and looked around for the "severe" anal drainage the surgeon described. She didnt find any of that.
Now, it's almost Christmas and the incision wound from the abscess opens up and drains sebous liquid now and again. The pain comes and goes..I have good days and days where I just want to drink and cry in a dark corner.
My symptoms are pain, anal drainage of sebous liquid (but that's rare), and draining out of the incision point. There is also what feels like a hard tube under the skin that hurts.
I've seen a GI and he said that this was just scar tissue and to stop worrying, but he wanted to see me again in three months.
My husband and family think I'm insane and I'm making this pain up..I'm just at my wit's end and I don't know how much longer I can avoid surgery by taking homeopathic meds..
Jenbug
Salt Bather

Topics: 23

Re: New here :)

Postby dwarfs8 » 19 Dec 2011, 23:15

i'm so sorry u r suffering! Reading your last statement regarding they thinking you are making the pain up makes me remember how the rest felt about me too. When i was suffering with the anal fissure, i've developed a phobia going to the toilet. It's like going to hell. I can't walk, sit or stand without pain too. My hubby and my frens thought i'm just having depression after my miscarriage and i'm making up the pain!
I'm not sure abt abscess, but my CRS said if there's infection, there must be surgery... maybe u shld go back to the CRS again, he shld be the best person who can give you advice...
vent it here if you like, i know this helps to keep us sane..
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19