What would you do?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

What would you do?

Postby mm92599 » 07 Jan 2012, 15:03

So I've posted a few different topics recently and now I'm at a point where I need to make a decision. I have had 3 diagnosed fissures since 2006, all of which healed within 2 months with very little treatment. About 2 months ago I had a bad flare up of external hemorrhoids that lasted about a month. A few days after the hemorrhoids healed, I felt a stinging pain in the bath and began feeling pain in that area constantly ever since. I have had pain with bm's here and there, but no blood. The pain is usually worse after a bm rather than during. There are only 2 board certified CRS in my state and they both work out of the same office. My CRS decided to stop treating me and will not allow me to schedule an appointment. I went to see a general surgeon this past week and he did not see a fissure upon external examination and he also did a finger exam and used an anoscope and said things looked pretty good. I have been having pretty decent bowel movements, but I am still feeling the stinging sharp pain in the area of where I've had fissures in the past. I did not have any pain with bm's yesterday or today, but today the sharp stinging pain is worse than its been all week. So, I don't know what to do at this point. Do I just trust that there is no fissure and the pain I'm feeling is something else? Do I start looking for a CRS in a nearby state? Do I just suck it up and hope the pain gets better? I can't deal with this everyday and need to do something about this. Just looking for some advice. Thanks.
mm92599
Salt Bather

Topics: 25

Re: What would you do?

Postby RedRose80 » 07 Jan 2012, 16:42

Sounds like you need to see a reputable doctor in another state. Pain is a sign that something is wrong... you need to find a good doctor and get your issue taken care of.
RedRose80
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6