Day 1 from hospital.

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Day 1 from hospital.

Postby travis1994 » 11 Jan 2012, 10:10

Well you guys said to keep you updated so here I am. I went to bed kinda late last night talking with friends on skype, I can't help it..I'm only 17 Image and I woke up at 10 and I had kind of a rough morning..I actually had a BM and that didn't do badly except for the fact that I had bad diarrhea. It was so embarrassing, I was going to the toilet and and passed gas and it was liquid and got it on the back of my pajamas. I think it's due to the huge antibacterial meds I'm taking and the colace..and I kinda went crazy with So after that I went to take a sitz bath but decided I wanted to sit in the tub for a while instead. What a morning... I know it's only the first day but I'm already tired out. I know this is probably weird but I'm trying not to eat too much these first few days even though my surgery wasn't actually on my rectum, but the skin above it..but still the surgeon told me to take it easy the first few days so I will. Good thing I gained 10 pounds over Christmas lol. I'm so over this already. When all this is over, I promise I'm gonna go out in the world and run for President or something big like that. You never know how much your butt means to you until it starts malfunctioning!
travis1994
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7

Re: Day 1 from hospital.

Postby grannymaria » 11 Jan 2012, 11:29

Good to hear ur doing better Travis.. just keep doing what the doc said.. Image
grannymaria
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Re: Day 1 from hospital.

Postby Sue1962 » 11 Jan 2012, 13:12

Hi Travis, maybe if you eat a little more your stool won't be so liquidy...Hang in there!! I know what you mean by being worn out. I am on day 2 and I am too. In the tub, out of the tub, in the shower on the toilet...LOL but just hang in there it will all get better. My back hurts more than my butt from laying around for 2 days..LOL I will take it anyday over the pain I felt with my fissure!! Glad your feeling better!! Eat some food!!!
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36