need help :(

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

need help :(

Postby pgre » 16 Jan 2012, 16:10

Hi Everyone,
I've been lurking around for awhile but this is my first post. I've had an Anal fissure for 10 weeks. The pain is the worst, my heart goes out to everyone on these forums. I have 4 kids under 7 and they need me, it's just so hard.
I went to my GP and she prescribed Anusol and Miralax. I gave up the Anusol after 1 week as it was causing me more irritation. Now I'm just using Miralax. Now with Miralax, my bowel movements have been pain free for about 3 days. I have just a slight burning/itching afterwards for about an hour but that's it. Does that mean my fissure is healing? Or should I go back to my GP to get a prescription for Diltiazem or Nitro?
any help will be appreciated.
Healing vibes to all
pgre
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Re: need help :(

Postby grannymaria » 16 Jan 2012, 16:42

Sweetie - God be with u n ur precious family. Pls be sure u ask the doc if they recommend the nitro or dilatzem cream n God willing it's healing.
I never knew such pain existed besides hemmies :(
Hang in there n keep reading here for various tips n advice from members who have gone through or are going through this painful journey
grannymaria
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 16 Jan 2012, 17:45

pgre - It's probably best to be conservative with your AF, which may mean giving it more time . . .
But I've done that with my AF - and after 3 months, I am still not healed. Pain level is up today, in fact.
Anyhow - let us know how you're doing . . .
Last edited by Sweet Bugaboo on 16 Jan 2012, 21:12, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spelling
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11

Postby Sue1962 » 16 Jan 2012, 20:58

Hi and welcome!!! Since your not having any pain, sounds like you may be healing a little, but don't let it trick you!! The can come back for no reason with a vengence!! Take the Miralx, eat a high fiber diet and drink a lot of water. There are a lot of threads on here on diet, supplements so read as much as you can. I would also suggest after you have a BM, clean up then fill the tub with nice warm water and soak for 20 minutes. I know with 4 kids under 7 you probably don't have much time, but try to find a little time for you. The soaks really help. Here's hoping you feel better soon!!
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby pgre » 17 Jan 2012, 13:10

Thanks for the input everyone. I'm going to try the sitz bath today. :)
pgre
Salt Bather

Topics: 6