LIS is amazing. Day two post-op.

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

LIS is amazing. Day two post-op.

Postby penelope8 » 19 Jan 2012, 23:58

Hey Everyone,
So I'm now almost at the end of day two post-op and I can't believe I waited this long to have the LIS!. Yesterday I did have pain but it's nowhere near as bad as the pain I had when my AF was at it's worst. I did three bowel motions in the morning (due to too much laxative) and it was stingy and a bit sore but no tearing or stabbing pain and NO spasms or pain afterwards. I've only been taking panadol and neurofen too and they seem to be keeping the pain at bay. Sitz baths are great at keeping the site clean and I blow dry the stitches after a bowel movement. Today I went out for a coffee with my husband and baby (sooo nice to get out of the house!) and I was a bit sore sitting down but otherwise felt pretty good.
So far I haven't had any leaking of gas or any kind of incontinence. I can still stop a bowel action or passing gas if I want too, which I was worried about before the surgery. Walking is a bit uncomfortable though as the friction causes some stingy pain to the stitches. No pain whatsoever though from my actual anal area it's mostly just tenderness around the stitches. I have my CRS apt on Wednesday so I will let you all know how it goes.
Just want to say to those who are considering surgery feel free to ask me anything! I was so worried before the surgery but it has been the best thing ever. I just can't believe I was so concerned and anxious about it all now.
BIG thanks to everyone on this forum. Your all amazing.
Penny
penelope8
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: LIS is amazing. Day two post-op.

Postby Sue1962 » 20 Jan 2012, 08:32

YAY Penny Image sounds like you are on your way!!! I know exactly how you feel. I too, can't believe I waited so long to have this done. I think the thought of surgery really puts a damper on things, but all in all, the surgery was a breeze, just take it slow. Your body will let you know day by day. I am on day 11 post LIS and havent felt this good in 3 years!!! So happy your feeling better
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Re: LIS is amazing. Day two post-op.

Postby grannymaria » 20 Jan 2012, 13:17

Congrats Penny! Now we can ask both you and Sue Image
I don't think I'm at that point yet :*( but I keep reading here because I have learned so much from you wonderful loving people :)
grannymaria
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13