Fed up of this problem and mixed emotions

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Fed up of this problem and mixed emotions

Postby Crimson » 08 Jan 2012, 12:31

I've had an AF for 6 months now and just so fed up of being scared to go to the bathroom every day. Some days are not to bad, but days like today I just cry from the pain after a bm. I can't sit for at least 5 hours afterwards. Driving anywhere is a complete nightmare. then finally the pain numbs and I'm ok....till the next morning!. I'm trying to avoid surgery, but now feel I just want my life back and thinking of doing it. I cannot work because of this and I hate seeing my husband and children worry. I do not bleed anymore but the sphinter muscle is so tight even a Q-tip being inserted has trouble entering. Any advice? And I wonder if the muscle will ever relax after being this way for 6 months? Thanks
Crimson
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Fed up of this problem and mixed emotions

Postby grannymaria » 08 Jan 2012, 14:04

Are u using da nitro cream Crimson? That is supposed to held da muscle relax - I'm using it twice a day n it does help a little. hope u get to start feeling better soon God willing..
grannymaria
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby Crimson » 08 Jan 2012, 16:01

If that is the cream prescribed for angina attacks...i tried it once. It made me VERY sick. Head spinning, vomitting, very nauseous. Had to wipe it off immediately. Lately I was prescribed suppositories with cortizone in them. I was on them for 30 days. Didn't help me and burned a lot.
Crimson
Fibre Addict

Postby dwarfs8 » 08 Jan 2012, 19:03

Sigh... I really don't know why GP or CRS wld ever hydrocortison? It's a steroid and doesn't help healing at all! It actually Make mine worse and gave me so much burning and probably multiplies the pain!
What u nd as granny said, it's a nitro/gtn/dilitizem cream that helps relax the muscles there so as to encourage gd blood flow to heal the devil. Since gtn gives u headache, try dilitzem then.
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby dwarfs8 » 08 Jan 2012, 19:04

Also, do a search on "my success story" which may help u some
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby Crimson » 09 Jan 2012, 21:05

I thank you both for your advise! I'll have to try a new cream cause my problem is not the tear...that has been gone for a long time now. It is the sphincter muscle. It is very tight and in a spasm.
Does anybody have advise on how to position the body to relax this muscle. Maybe certain exercise or something? I would love to hear from you!
Also if hot baths help to relax our muscles and the heat incourages blood circulation which helps heal. My husband told me to sit on a hot water bottle. I laughed at the idea but you know what...it works! I am presently sitting on one and its calming me down. uncomfortable at first but when the heat sets in i feel pretty good. lol
Crimson
Fibre Addict

Postby workingonit » 23 Jan 2012, 13:41

Crimson,
I am thinking of getting a heating pad and sitting on that.
How are you doing?
Did you get to see your CRS?
Sorry the creams make you sick. Was it nifedipine? That's what I'm using and it does help (especially now that the doc upped the dose to 0.9%). I read that it never causes allergic reactions... It is given orally to people to treat high blood pressure as well. But it has less side effects associated with it than Nitroglycerine or dilitizem.
anyways, just wondered how you were doing..
-woi
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 23 Jan 2012, 13:53

Hi, woi -
The heating pad does seem to take the edge off the pain, sometimes. At least, the body seems to feel the heat, along with the pain - and maybe that's why the heat kinda helps.
I've just about had it with all of this, though. I'm in such soreness and pain - caused from spasms that bring on the burning - and I'm at my wit's end. I really think I am.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11