Horse Chestnut??

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Horse Chestnut??

Postby sterlingbird » 29 Dec 2011, 09:02

Has any one used this? I was skeptical to use this when I heard that it was derived from things that could be poisonous but kept running across it being used alot in the UK for varicose veins. I live in the States and went to my reliable health food store after I had run the course of coconut oil, aloe, and any other thing I could get my hands on. I am always careful to try only one thing at a time for an extended time. By the way coconut oil and fresh from the plant aloe are both excellent. So I discussed this with the health guru and he directed me to horse chestnut extract 400 mg, 18 percent escin with butchers broom added and said he had not heard of use for fissures but knew quite a few people who used it for deep vein thrombosis. It said to take 2 capsules so I took one. I woke up yesterday with a terrible headache which wore off about noon and felt better than I had felt in months despite the headache. I have not taken any more until I do a bit more research on the lowest dose that will work. Please if you are new do not go out and buy this and just take it. It is a drug and can have interactions with other things you are taking. It can cause liver and kidney failure if you are not careful. I have heard that it was used more frequently in the UK. Anyone heard anything? In the states the doctors for the most part won't even discuss holistic medicine AT ALL so when I mentioned it to my doctor he rolled his eyes. Anyone?
sterlingbird
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Re: Horse Chestnut??

Postby Jenbug » 29 Dec 2011, 20:24

If I were you, I would stick to Arnica and Staphysagria. Both of those are anti inflammatory and don't do any harm whatsoever that I know of.
Horse Chestnut is one of those things I'm too scared to touch! Along with Colloidal Silver. No one wants to be blue.
Jenbug
Salt Bather

Topics: 23

Postby dwarfs8 » 02 Jan 2012, 08:40

I don't dare to take it orally, I only took the horse chestnut cream to apply into my anus as I have prolapsed internal hem. It's gd as after using it for 6 weeks or more, mt prolapsed frequency has much reduced. It's meant to strengthen the veins, thus using this won't really help fissure but hemorrhoid instead
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby workingonit » 27 Jan 2012, 22:00

I tried Horse Chestnut capsules back when I thought my AF was a hemorrhoid. It gave me the runs. But then a lot of herbal remedies do that to me.
-woi
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34