Has thou conquered the big tear?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Has thou conquered the big tear?

Postby RoudyAudi » 31 Jan 2012, 00:05

I believe so!! I have some awesome news.
So just a few minutes ago, I went to make a BM. It was fairly large. Due to my lack of liking softeners or a high fiber diet. However, and most importantly, there was absolutely NO pain. None. Not during, before or after. I have not taken any pain killers either.
So what I wanna do is share with you what I have done. I technically still have another week or so before 'by definition' it's healed. Umm, but I recommend this highly. It took me by total shock. I was expecting some pain or something. All it does now is itch a tiny bit.
1.Now. What I have been doing is taking in a LOT of Coconut oil. I can't keep telling you how essential I think this is. Borderline vital. Drink it, put it on the situation too. Won't nor cannot (unless you're somehow allergic) harm you.
2. Get a heating pad. No joke. You aren't supposed to sit on them... but to hell with that mess, I say! I've seriously spent DAYS... All day long sitting on my heating pad. Even tried to sleep on it. I feel it is way more efficient than the baths. Because you are getting direct heat to the area for a lot longer then you can get in a bath tub. In theory, maximizing relaxation of the muscle. Which as we all are familiar with, is needed for it to heal.
3. Of course don't have it cranked to high. Don't wanna burn yourself. I like to alternate between low and medium heat. Never high. Like 20mins on medium. 40 or so on low. Back to med for another 20. Though I've been guilty of sitting on it all day while on medium...
4. If you do this and stop the baths, do other things to keep it clean.
That is honestly how I believe I no longer suffer pain, my friends. The oil and the magic heat pad. I don't know if it will help the more serious fissures, but this worked for me. For now. So give it a whirl if you are up for it. If not, then I wish you all the luck while healing. I'll still be here in case my 'cure' fails me within the next few weeks.
RoudyAudi
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Has thou conquered the big tear?

Postby sterlingbird » 31 Jan 2012, 05:56

Yay!! I love good news stories. For people with IBS issues be careful taking any thing fatty or oily. I agree that coconut oil is wonderful but it can cause explosive diarrhea if you have IBS so start off small and slow. I am so glad for you!!
sterlingbird
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby workingonit » 31 Jan 2012, 15:24

That's fabulous Roudy!
Do you heat up the coconut oil and drink it?
Or do you just nash on it in it's semi hardened state?
I've been doing olive oil to help 'move things along' and it is very helpful, but it doesn't matter to me which oil I ingest.
I did try eating coconut oil when I had a mild case of oral thrush, but it was disgusting. I now know that was because it was virgin and tasted like coconuts.I If you get the Expeller pressed kind, it is pretty much flavour free.
Heating pads are wonderful. If I weren't already married, I'd think about marrying mine! Lol!
-woi
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby Guest » 01 Feb 2012, 13:23

Love love love coconut oil ... It has so many wonderful health qualities... I agree with woi about going slow if you tend toward diarrhea and/or IBS, but even with my severe digestive problems I find the most tolerable oils to be coconut, olive and flax...
Heating pad is essential... I can't sit down without it... I sleep with it too.
So thrilled to hear you're healing up with your regimen!

Postby Guest » 01 Feb 2012, 13:25

woi...
I usually put coconut oil in my smoothies and I also put it in mashed sweet potatoes... If I want more, I'll just take it in it's hardened state.