How much Botox cost me

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

How much Botox cost me

Postby Grateful Ed » 24 Feb 2012, 13:37

Hey all- I hope everyone is feeling better today. I'm still on the rollercoaster & noticing mostly that I'm being set off by emotional upsets rather than food-related things. When my mood is great, I'm great- when I'm bummed, it gets bad. One thing that really set me off recently was getting ANOTHER bill for my Botox back in December. I saw alot of people were asking about Botox here recently & I wanted to say, in my experience, it was a waste of time & (come to find out) alot of money! We could probably start a whole 'nother board just for complaints about dealing with insurance/billing/Drs offices but I'll try to stay on subject. Basically, even with my insurance I've spent almost $2000 on that one shot. I was under general anesthesia for the shot- which I actually recommend- totally knocked me out (like TOTALLY). The last thing I remember was thinking it was ironic they were playing Pink Floyd in the pre-op room. So my most recent bill was for the anesthesiologist- who, after insurance, I still owed $150. Thank God I had insurance! They paid off $800 of it- just for the anesthesia! I was on the hook for $900 the day of the procedure- then the doctor's fee was another $400- plus $300 from the surgery center and I swear I got another for $300 for something else- then the $150 for the anesthesiologist. All this would be closer to OK if the shot had produced anything other than a thrombosed hemorrhoid (ouch!!) and another hemmy from the Vicodin they prescribed for the pain.
So- my 2 cents (which is worth about $2000 and counting) is if you're considering Botox, just go with LIS. If you've had Botox, I really hope it works for you & I don't wanna discourage anyone who's feeling good from it but damn my experience was costly in more ways than one!
That said- stay positive, stay conscientious, stay healthy. Bless the obstruction, as they say! Peace. Image
Grateful Ed
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Re: How much Botox cost me

Postby Baba » 25 Feb 2012, 10:29

What a rip off! I think I'll go on with the dilators. Not only were they inexpensive, but I can't bear the idea of someone poking a needle up "there".
Baba
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3