back from 1st post-op crs visit

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

back from 1st post-op crs visit

Postby 44alegna44 » 29 Feb 2012, 15:45

hi guys, well, i'm 2 days shy of 3 weeks post-op and had my first check-up. i'm feeling very pleased with how things went today. upon the examination doc said fissure and incision site show definitie signs of improvement :) my main concern that i wanted to address with her tho was the burning i am still feeling, somedays worse and more dragged out than others. hand in hand with this question to her is that i have generally 2 bms every day (usually within an hour to an hour and a half of each other). i feel absolutely fine after the first one, if it all came out at once i think i'd be good for the day. it's after the 2nd bm that the burn will start and sometimes go on for hours, although dull and not anything like before my surgery. at this point she told me that her opinion is it's either coming from the fissure or the incision site as they are still active and present. i will now start adding miralax to my daily regiment, which so many of our fellow fissure friends here on this site swear by, the doc said this could help better flush me out on my first bm, which could relieve some of the stress that she believes my colon/fissure is going through by going twice...i'm hopeful this will help. one other issue we discussed is how very conservative my lis was (opposite of yours lory), which we also discussed and agreed upon before my surgery. the fact is that throughout the whole 4 months prior to surgery i dropped 18 lbs that i really couldn't afford to lose, this was definitely attributed to the drastic change in diet and my inability to exercise anymore due to the pain from the fissure. not only did i drop weight, i lost muscle/strength. mind you my friends i was thin, tho fit, to start...by the time of surgery i had become downright skinny and weak. my crs had informed me that because of my weakened physical condition she needed to air on the side of caution because my risk of incontience was raised due to my lack of muscle strength at that point. so that's my very long story, sorry, but today i'm having another better day and feel pretty confident that things are moving along as well as can be expected. i definitely feel better after surgery than before, and will keep on keeping on, slowly adding more protein to my diet to regain my strength which i know will help with the healing as well as the miralax. thanks for listening and caring and i hope you're all doing a little better today!!!!! best wishes as always, angel
44alegna44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Re: back from 1st post-op crs visit

Postby Quiggles » 29 Feb 2012, 20:44

thanks for posting Angel and I am glad you are feeling better today. Yesterday I had an awesome day and today not so awesome but not gonna stress over it as it will just make everything feel much worse than it really is. Keep posting as its nice hearing from someone going through the same annoying problem as me.
Lory
Quiggles
Salt Bather

Topics: 8