Valium Dosage for musle spasms? 6 Weeks post-op, plz. help?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Valium Dosage for musle spasms? 6 Weeks post-op, plz. help?

Postby Morningstar » 22 Jan 2012, 12:38

Hi,
I had LIS about 6 weeks ago and I was doing pretty good for the first 4 weeks. Unfortunately then my friend died, I was very stressed out and the things went downwards from there.
For the last 2 weeks I have been having pain/ significant discomfort when I sit in the same place for a while and especially when I am lying in bed. Is this normal 6 weeks after LIS?
I am thinking that muscle spasms could be to blame for my pain and I read that it might be a good idea to ask the CRS for some Valium. Unfortunately he is out of tow for a week but I already have some Diazapam (generic Valium).
For those of you who already used Valium what was the dosage your CRS prescribed to you so I can manage this week?
Thanks,
Morningstar
Morningstar
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Valium Dosage for musle spasms? 6 Weeks post-op, plz. help?

Postby Sue1962 » 22 Jan 2012, 16:04

If I remember correctly 5-10mg a couple of times a day. Sorry for your set back. Did you get constipated or did the spasms just start again??? Sheesh, these things are just annoying as hell..I am at 2 wks post op and feeling great!!! I am sure the stress contributed greatly to your set back and sorry for your loss.
Sue1962
Fissureologist

Topics: 36

Postby Morningstar » 22 Jan 2012, 17:36

Thanks Sue,
I never got constipated as a matter of fact my bowel movements are always very soft and regular. (I only eat bran, fruit and veggies)
I will start taking 5mg but I am just hoping I will be able to function at school since the last time I took 2mg I was sleepy all the time :(!
Morningstar
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Postby thisfissurecankissmybutt » 05 Mar 2012, 19:21

My doctor initially recommended 5mg twice a day, which did nothing for my spasms, although it did make me a little sleepy. Once I started take 10mg once a day (after a bowel movement), it really made a huge difference. It still made me sleepy but it also helped with the spasms.
thisfissurecankissmybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8