All set for anal fistula surgery!

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

Re: All set for anal fistula surgery!

Postby Arafat » 02 Mar 2012, 00:28

Hey hopetoheal, thanks for all ur wishes:) I hope ur doing great:D I'm only patient because u guys here have taught me that patience is absolutely necessary!!! I remember that u said that u were or always had been an impatient person and that these surgeries sort of taught u the importance and value of patience. It doesnt come easily to me either! But oh well, we live and learn i guess! I'm doing well other than a slight cringing when the stool comes out and rubs that scar tissue area. That happens only when the first stool comes out, later stools do not get me cringing. The cringing is for abt 5 seconds after which there is no discomfort even after Bm's. Its like a warning that i cant just give up diet and proper case cuz i feel better!
Fistula problems, i hope ur biopsy reports are as good as i think they should be! And dont worry abt things like cancer! While as hopetoheal says we're not doctors but medical literature and also my doc tells me that it very rarely happens and they havent yet found a strong correlation between fistulas and cancer! I actually did my CBC and Metabolic Panel as well (prior to operation and also to see why i had 2 kidney stone operations in a gap of 12 months)! Everything came out normal so my doc said my stones are idiopathic. Biopsy results should take abt 3-4 weeks i think but dont worry abt anything right now! Its good that u have the seton in place and i hope that isnt too uncomfortable! It would be fantastic if u conmtinued to post updates!
Arafat
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Re: All set for anal fistula surgery!

Postby fistulaproblems » 09 Mar 2012, 18:24

i had my first post-op appointment with my CRS. good news is that they foud nothing unsual in my biopsy.....so i just have a plain old fistula without any underlying causes. This was the first time I actually talked to him after my seton procedure and got a chance to ask his some questions. He mentioed that I my fistula was size of a pencil (wide). He mentioned that he had put a draining seton and not a cutting seton but it may still cut through muscles as i move around. he wants to take this slow and wait before we decide on next step. he wants my tissues to get healthy as there was some infection from previous surgery. if my sphincter muscles will not need to be sacrificed...he will do another fistulectomy. if my muscles are in way...we may try advanced flap or fibrin plug. I go to see him again on 3rd April. Overall...seton is making me feel much better and i feel like i am creeping back to normal life.....atlest until my next procedure
fistulaproblems
Fibre Addict

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?