SEVERE ANAL ITICHING

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

SEVERE ANAL ITICHING

Postby andrew » 04 Mar 2012, 04:39

Hi,
I have been suffering from anal fissure about a year now, just a week back I teared it again, And usual i used my NITROGESIC ointment but at the same time I started feeling severe irritation and itching down inside my anus and it's verge.
The irritation is really severe and the more i scratch the more it irritates. I am afraid that it can be hemorrhoids, pl help me over this guys. What could be the cause of such a severe itching?
I am really afraid that it could be hemorrhoids ( I can't handle AF + Hemorrhoids + work pressure of my first job ) .
andrew
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: SEVERE ANAL ITICHING

Postby Savaici » 04 Mar 2012, 10:30

You could have a reaction to the ointment. I suggest you don't itch, but rather stop using it and just use Vaseline on the outside. I had a reaction to Nifedipine after a time, even though it was compounded without anything allergy-making.
Best solution, however, is to make an appointment with your CRS or your GP
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby notmuchfunanymore » 08 Mar 2012, 18:04

I always have severe itching when my AF is in the middle grounds of healing. Process for me seems to be: horrible pain, followed by less blood, less pain, followed by INTENSE itching especially following a BM. If BM's continue to go well, w/o blood or pain the itching fades after a few days... but then I somehow re-open and start the process all over again :S
So, hopefully itching means healing for you too! Good luck
I say a Hail Mary when I poo.
notmuchfunanymore
Salt Bather

Topics: 17

Postby rasmith3530 » 10 Mar 2012, 05:13

You might ask your CRS or doctor for some Lidocaine ointment. That might help. Other things I've heard of using are aloe Vera oil and such. Also, you might try wearing Tucks pads which contain Witch Hazel.
Also, after a BM, I always wiped the area with one of those Preparation H towelettes to make sure everything was very clean. They contain both Witch Hazel and Aloe Vera. Wal-Mart has a generic version that is about Hal the price of the Prep H product.
rasmith3530
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10