Why I Haven't Posted in a while!!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Why I Haven't Posted in a while!!

Postby jnvlv247 » 13 Mar 2012, 21:25

Hey guys!! I haven't posted on here in a while BECAUSE I believe my fissure is gone!! Not 100% healed, I know that area can take up to a year to fully heal after trauma like a fissure Image
All I did was change my diet, get on stool softner-Miralax and the diltiazem (watever that stuff is) and stopped heavy lifting in the gym for a while. I officially stopped taking Miralax/Diltiazem in the end of February and have had 0 problems going to the bathroom!!! It was looking bad in the fall and started to clear in the winter and now that spring is here, it is pretty much gone!! I do feel some discomfort from time to time butI feel like that's normal if your stool is a little harder than usual.
I don't know if it's my body or I am lucky or what but I fought this without heavy meds and 0 surgical procedures or botox YAY!!!
I would say it officially started in September and ended January
jnvlv247
Fibre Addict

Topics: 8

Re: Why I Haven't Posted in a while!!

Postby Baba » 13 Mar 2012, 23:19

Good for you - but do be careful because a fissure can come back anytime if you allow your bm to get hard so you have to strain at it. At least that has been my experience over the years.
Baba
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby pat123 » 14 Mar 2012, 13:09

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy!
take care and stay healthy!
pat123
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby workingonit » 14 Mar 2012, 16:28

That's great Joe!
I'm a really slow healer too, but it's nice to know that even if it is taking a god awful long time, it can still happen!
Congrats!
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby jnvlv247 » 14 Mar 2012, 19:22

Baba wrote:Good for you - but do be careful because a fissure can come back anytime if you allow your bm to get hard so you have to strain at it. At least that has been my experience over the years.

Yes I know I am fully aware of that and I am defintely watching my diet. I was off of chips, popcorn and other hard foods that I don't eat them at all even though I probably could
I love pears so I have been eating those a lot!!
jnvlv247
Fibre Addict

Topics: 8