constipation

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

constipation

Postby sputnik » 23 Apr 2012, 17:57

hi everyone, really hate to be back here. Last 2 days had to push for bm. First time i pushed in 4 months. It started 4 days ago, i didn't push but the stool was big and bulky. Later that day felt burning so checked and 2 small purple red hemmoriods. I have been getting them once in awhile and i should of addressed them but they would go away. Anyway the last 2 days had to push on bm and 1st day was okay and now today burning in the area where fissure was and the skin tag looks red. Still have the 2 hemmoriods. I feel so down. I have been still doing the metamucil with water. But i was not eating right. I'm scared to go tomorrow for fear i'll have to push again. Rightnow i feel to go but i go like that with my ulcerative colitis. I really can't just take anything like laxtives. I wonder if i opened my fissure or is it just the skin tag.
sputnik
Salt Bather

Topics: 26

Re: constipation

Postby sputnik » 23 Apr 2012, 18:02

I forgot to add, when your old fissure reopens is it deeper
sputnik
Salt Bather

Postby jr2 » 23 Apr 2012, 18:21

Sputnik...
I'm so sorry you've had a setback. Have you been able to talk to your doctor about what you can do given that you have ulcerative colitis? Would any kind of stool softener be safe for you? Fissures that retear aren't necessarily deeper. You'd have to have a doctor take a look to see what's happening though. Have you ever used any topicals with any success like nifedipine, diltiazem, or nitroglycerin? Do warm baths help your discomfort? It's so hard dealing with hemorrhoids and fissures, and even harder when you have to do so in the presence of ulcerative colitis. Are you on any medication for your colitis?
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby sputnik » 23 Apr 2012, 21:34

hi jr2. No i have not used any of the creams you mentioned but i was given diltiazem and didn't use it. I;m really a horrible medicine taker. I don't want to for fear of side effects. The warm sitz baths do help. I've only used occasionally steriod enemas for my uc. Its been mild but getting a little bit worse. I do have an appt for my first time seeing a gastro dr. on sept/2012. I may try meds if he insists. I quess i was always in denial when first dx and hoped it was irritible bowel syndrome instead. But i'm slowly realizing i do have some sort of inflammatory bowel disease. Anyway for my fissure i was doing metamucil, water, sitz baths and vasaline, that's it. Had it since sept of 2011. Its very hard dealing with the fissure and hemorrhoids as its a part of my disease. I'm just praying it resolves itself. Thanks for reply
sputnik
Salt Bather

Postby Suze_F » 26 Apr 2012, 07:35

Hi
Since I am in a similar situation I would encourage you to use one of the creams mentioned by jr2. Dont delay it will only get worse and then take longer to heal. I had Botox for a very spiteful AF 7 years ago having tried everything to heal it for nearly 2 years. Between then and now have needed to go back to the creams from time to time. The trick is to use the cream to relax the muscle after aBM so that the AF can heal. If you can stop it from getting established then this will only take a couple of weeks. I dont take laxatives but eat dried mango every evening to keep my stools soft , delicious and effective.
I got mine back this year from being constipated, I was trying to diet so stopped eatting the mango (big mistake) and then using an haemorroid cream coz I though I had given myself those from straining, which thinned the skin over the old AF and I am back in a whole world of pain. Please use a cream to relax the muscle and don't join me here. Wishing you the best healing ever. Suze
Suze_F
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby sputnik » 26 Apr 2012, 12:40

thanks suze-F. I can't really say i'll try the cream, i'm so bull headed with meds. Its not that i don't value your opinion which i know is right. I'll think about it. I think too much of the side effects. I even barely took nexium for my gastritis. If i do take the diltiazem, is it okay for hemmoriods.
sputnik
Salt Bather

Postby Suze_F » 26 Apr 2012, 14:51

It will only relax the muscle so that would be helpful to your hemorrhoids too. Its very safe and the worst that can happen is a bit of stinging I only use the Diltiazen just outside and around without going inside with my finger as this is what my consultant told me to do. At first I put it inside and had some stinging so haven't done that since. It's over Ј100 a tube here and does seem to relax the muscle and in just 6 days I have noticed improvement. My fissure is pretty deep and has been resisting healing despite my best efforts for weeks and with Rectogesic. remenber this the second time around for me too so I am pretty good at fending off a wannabe AF! If you are nervous just use a pea sized amount after a BM and wait to see what happens. I have the most allergic skin you could possibly have and always have to be v careful with soap and skin creams. I was really worried about a reaction to the Diltiazen but have been fine. Healing has to be the priority otherwise you could end up taking loads painkillers each day which is definately worse for you than the cream. Good luck. Suze
Suze_F
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1