Had LIS yesterday!!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Had LIS yesterday!!

Postby trickyvicky » 05 May 2012, 07:19

Hi everyone,
Im new to the site and actually only discovered it last week but its a brilliant forum and Ive learnt so much from you all.
Ive been suffering on and off for the last year since I gave birth to my little boy and finally had the surgery yesterday.
Im delighted to say I feel fab and not in any pain at all. I just hope this continues.
I was going to go back to work tomorrow but Ive decided to have a few days off just incase I have any setbacks and judging from the majority, a week off work seems like a good rest break.
If anyone has any questions about the surgery I'll do my best to answer them (but Im no expert on the subject by any means, lol)
trickyvicky
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: Had LIS yesterday!!

Postby 44alegna44 » 05 May 2012, 09:16

Hey Vicky,
Congratulations Image Glad to know you're home and feeling sooo well and re-assured about the surgery already Image
I'm glad you decided to take an extra few days off, I think that is the wisest decision to assist with your healing so soon after surgery. IMO you should definitely take things slow and be as gentle on your body as possible, try to stay off your feet initially, as often as you can, even if you're feeling fine...you do have an open wound that is healing...please give it some time to do so.
Best wishes for continued healing and 100% success Image
Angel Image
44alegna44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Here's to a speedy recovery!

Postby Bottominal Blues » 05 May 2012, 15:10

Well done, hope you continue to feel as good as you do now! I had my LIS on Tuesday and am glad I am going to have 2 weeks off work to get back to normal. As it seems you have a little one you don't have all the luxuries I do as my kids can feed and dress themselves (well, dress themselves, they are teenagers!!! Feeding they want help with!LOL) Keep us posted on your status!
Cheers, Anne
Bottominal Blues
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Postby trickyvicky » 06 May 2012, 04:12

Thanks Angel for your kind words and best of luck with your recovery Anne. Lets beat this thing together x
trickyvicky
Fibre Addict

Postby trickyvicky » 06 May 2012, 10:05

Well Im on day 2 post-op and had my first bm today. It did sting a little but nothing like it used to do. Ive had several baths today as I can only describe the area as tender (not painful) but I wouldnt want to be too far away from the loo just in case..
I hope this is all normal..Im sure the area must be quite swollen so hopefully thats all it is.
trickyvicky
Fibre Addict

Postby trickyvicky » 09 May 2012, 08:32

Well Im now on day 5 post op and feeling fab!! i actually went back to work on Monday.(I dont actually do much at work so its actually easier than being at home chasing a toddler round the house.) Im so pleased I had the surgery now..just wish Id done it sooner x
trickyvicky
Fibre Addict

Postby jr2 » 09 May 2012, 10:06

trickyvicky
so happy to hear you are feeling better so soon after your surgery!
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby 44alegna44 » 09 May 2012, 15:57

Hey Vicky,
Great, Great News!!!!! Image
Best Wishes for continued success Image
Angel
44alegna44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby trickyvicky » 10 May 2012, 02:28

Thanks guys...its great being on here where everyone understands what youve been through. It makes a big difference and hopefully will encourage others to get help sooner rather than later x
trickyvicky
Fibre Addict

Postby trickyvicky » 11 Sep 2012, 14:24

Just to update you. Its now been 4 months since I had LIS and Ive never looked back. Best thing I ever did. Not had any pain since a few days after the op. Just wish I had done it soon x
trickyvicky
Fibre Addict