Whats "working" for me daily menu

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Whats "working" for me daily menu

Postby Deleted User 1497 » 17 May 2012, 09:21

Good Morning,
I am new here. I have hand a handful of fissures, going today to see if I have one now. Just did want to offer anything that may be of help to others. As we know each person is so different, and I do believe my hormones, (just turned 50) are making my diet process harder so I have found a good soft stool eating diet. maybe it may give you some ideas.
breakfast" oatmeal, small amount of brown suger to sweeten, 2 pieces of wheat toast ( high fiber bread) and water to drink, I drink water before breakfast as I am getting ready, one cup and water with my breakfast.
snack: about 7 small dried prunes ( non-sorbate)
lunch: Fresh Fruit smoothie...2 TBS. non-fat vanilla yougurt, chopped frozen mangos (adds a nice chill) 2 small chopped pieces of cantalope, 2 small pieces of honeydew melon, s small pieces of pineapple, about 4 to 7 grapes, about 7 apple slices then blend. I have just started adding some sliced watermelon.
i purchase the pre cut fruit with no presertives in it and the grocery. the watermelon i cut myself. Fruit has allot of sugar so for those of you watching their sugar be aware.
dinner, varies, whole wheat pasta some red sauce, salad with kidney beans, chick peas, sometimes a fish taco. dinner is one that can be a puzzle for me. YOUR ideas would be apprecaited. oh.......small portions
I drink prune juice with dinner, or sometime after its its not included. These are my foods, Any suggestions of what I should add or eat I would love to read.
Thanks
Deleted User 1497

Re: Whats "working" for me daily menu

Postby Sana1 » 17 May 2012, 10:54

My idea for quick dinner is sweet potato baked in a microvawe - 5-6 min ( depends on size ) on max, don't forget to cover. If you tolerate shrimps, add a few.
Sana1
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Deleted User 1497 » 18 May 2012, 16:12

.......Thank you
I have not thought about sweet potato. I do like them. I will have to add them to my diet. I do know that are not just good tasting but good for you. I do also like shrimp. I have had such tunnel vision with my choices
Deleted User 1497

Postby jr2 » 18 May 2012, 16:43

sweet potatoes are great for stool softening and have lots of good nutrients for healing.
cooked spinach works well for me too.
Broiled fish over brown rice (or a sweet potato) with cooked spinach makes a good dinner.
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby Jenbug » 18 May 2012, 18:37

Parchment paper fish with asparagus, zucchini and some dill is one of my favorites. Especially with brown rice tossed with mint and lemon juice on the side :)
Jenbug
Salt Bather

Topics: 23

Postby Deleted User 1497 » 18 May 2012, 19:08

Wow,
Thanks you guys I just looked up sweet potato they are so helpful in this good diet tailored for us here.
wow. i will get some tomorrow.
thanks so much .......again,
Deleted User 1497