Post Fistulactomy - 3 months - MRI scan

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

Post Fistulactomy - 3 months - MRI scan

Postby katbhuve » 22 May 2012, 09:01

I am thankful to this forum for the kind of support that you all provide to the members.
I have visited my CRS today and after observing the area (applied some glue on his figures and tested the inside area) and told me that the outside area is completely healed but from the inside around 4 to 5 cm width of the area is still need to be healed. He suggested having MRI scan to get more information about the fistula and might go for an advanced flap kind of thing. I thought things will be fine after the Fistulactomy but looks like I am back to square one. Image Everyday whenever I change the guage pad, I wish that I could see no drinage on it Image
Has anyone had any kind of information about advance flap and what are the chances of getting cured after that?
Thanks in advance!!
katbhuve
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4

Re: Post Fistulactomy - 3 months - MRI scan

Postby Jenbug » 22 May 2012, 16:04

I'm sorry I don't :( and I'm also sorry this happened to you and I wish you all the best.
....but now I have a brand new fear after my fistulectomy!
Jenbug
Salt Bather

Topics: 23

Re: Post Fistulactomy - 3 months - MRI scan

Postby katbhuve » 23 May 2012, 06:36

In most cases the drinage will stop after the surgery and it also depends on person to person too. I wish you all the best and I am sure you will recover in no time. :D
katbhuve
Fibre Addict

Topics: 4