New User and on Day 31 of being Miserable :(

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New User and on Day 31 of being Miserable :(

Postby Uno » 08 Jun 2012, 21:01

Hello,
I am glad I found this forum since it is hard to talk to people about my "butt and Poop" problems.
31 days ago, I started having this sharp stabbing pain with straining during BM. I was literally in the bathroom 30 mins to an hour crying to pass the bowel and even after the BM, I was in pain with burning sensation. I thought it was my hemorrhoids, so, I started using OTC hemorrhoid wipes and ointments. I have been doing Sitz-bath 2-3 times a day as well. I went to see my Primary Physician and she recommended OTC Hydrocortisone cream and Colace twice a day. After one week, pain was still there, so I went to see the surgeon. He said I have anal fissure. He said my "butthole" was too small and I was born that way. He gave me Nitroglycerin ointment mixed with Lidocaine to apply 3 times a day and Metamucil twice a day. Nitroglycerin ointment gave me severe headache so I stopped using it for couple days. Also, I was getting stomach cramps and "feeling of wanting to poop all day long." I found out that my mom had it before and she told me to try applying baby powder. She said she got better after 3-4 days. 5 days later, I am still in pain during BM. I went back to using Nitroglycerin ointment, a little less, so I don't get a headache. I felt like I was getting better with less pain for 3 days and then I felt miserable again. I was having BM but doesn't feel "empty." After 2 days later, I passed very bulky and long stool. I found out it was Metamucil that was making my stomach hurt and making bulky stools. I stopped using Metamucil. I made another appointment with the surgeon next week. I don't know if I should have the surgery or not. If I do, I need to get LIS and hemorroidectomy. I am scared about the post-op. I am getting married in less than 3 months and I have two jobs that requires physical labor. I just feel miserable everyday since the pain started :(
Uno
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: New User and on Day 31 of being Miserable :(

Postby dan2012 » 09 Jun 2012, 03:56

Hello Uno, you haven't mentioned anything about what you are eating. I'm facing the pain of my AF after 11 days, but in the last 4 days I've been finding some relief in softer poop - you mentioned metamucil, but how about water and reducing constipation-causing food? Everybody says that the key for improvement is getting your stools soft, are you working on that? With increase fibers come the need for significant increase in water intake, otherwise you will increase the bulk of your stools but not as much the softness.
dan2012
Salt Bather

Topics: 14

Re: New User and on Day 31 of being Miserable :(

Postby Uno » 09 Jun 2012, 11:01

Hi Dan, I have increased my water intake significantly and been trying to eat fiber one cereal in the morning and been trying to eat more vegetables throughout the day. I am trying to eat high residue diet everyday but I am losing my appetite daily. I have lost 5 lbs in past 32 days. I am pretty small so 5 lbs is alot for me.
Uno
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2