feel down- will this ever pass?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: feel down- will this ever pass?

Postby 44alegna44 » 22 Jun 2012, 09:31

Sorry rmb, just now saw your other thread. I know nothing about the levitor ani...my spasms didn't effect me that way. I'm sorry you're experiencing a new pain, really I am. I'm glad you made the appt., you need to be on top of this.
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Image
Angel Image
44alegna44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Helping my husband through this

Postby elyselee » 24 Jun 2012, 14:35

My husband has been suffering from hemmroid pain in the past, but most recently for the past 4 months it has gotten really bad. He went through weeks of banding but he had no relief. He had an anal sphincterectomy for a fissure and has 4 hemmroids removed on 6/14/12 (it is now one week post-op)
He has been is such horrible pain and is getting pretty depressed (as he has been the past months and this past year since he was laid off from work last May).
I wanted to ask those of you have gone through this ordeal...what can I do or not do to support my husband. Since he is not working I have to work a lot to keep us afloat and not able to be home as much as I would like.
From all the stories I've read recovery can take months. I'm trying to keep a happy face and not let him see that I too am somewhat blue and trying to deal with this as a supoortive and understanding wife.
Any hints, suggestions would be greatly appreciated - Thanks you!
elyselee

Postby Badd825 » 24 Jun 2012, 19:01

I can only share with you what my husband has done for me to help me thru this difficult time. I've had constant pain from spasms and treatment options are still unclear. What I find most comforting is his love and support and his offer to do whatever I need. I don't want to hear you'll be better and this will pass. I want him to get my medications and heating pad and rub my back and tell me he loves me. I've started to see a therapist because I've become depressed from this and maybe your husband needs to speak to un biased third party. Be there for him and comfort him on his terms. What may make you feel like you're helping may be irritating to him. My husband would do that in the beginning. If I cried he would tell me to stop that I would be fine. This was annoying. I needed understanding not advice from him. Hold his hand, love him and support him. Come to this forum often for the support you need cause it's not easy to support someone through all this pain and suffering. God Bless
Badd825
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Postby restoremybody » 25 Jun 2012, 20:20

I agree with badd825. I also hate hearing "you'll get better soon" for months on end. I just want someone to hold me while I sob, to listen to me, and to smile at me.
restoremybody
Salt Bather

Topics: 20