Back from the CRS

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Back from the CRS

Postby dan2012 » 26 Jun 2012, 13:53

An update for the helpful friends from this board:
My pain has been minimal/none in teh past 4 days, with very little blood. I had a bit of pain on Sunday but it went away with 1 Tylenol, so it wasn't too bad. Today and yesterday were great, I can sit normally and hardly feel any pain. I believe I had hemorrhoids falling in the past few days, so maybe this is related to the sudden reduction of pain.
However, I still see a bit of blood on the toilet paper and an occasional thin streak of blood on the stools. BMs still hurt some, but not a lot, and after the BM I feel little pain. Does this mean that the fissure is getting better?
One of my frustrations right now is the lack of understanding of how this problem progresses - maybe there is no "standard" way, but I wonder what way less blood and a few good days means.
dan2012
Salt Bather

Topics: 14

Postby Ever the Optimist » 26 Jun 2012, 14:28

Dan,
Great news! Definately less pain = improvement :D
It sounds like you have some healing there but don't forget the healing is very slow and the blood could indicate that the fissure is still slightly acute. Keep doing all the great stuff you've been doing and see if an apple and a pear a day helps your hard poop issue!! I've read so many people swearing by this! You've got to try and maintain that good diet and keep those BM's as soft as you can now to help allow full healing.
Good luck - really hope you are on your road to full bum recovery! :D
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby dan2012 » 26 Jun 2012, 15:52

Ever, thanks for the information! I already have 1 apple/day and BM have been getting softer. Not super soft, but "enough soft", let's put this way :). I will try the pear like you recommend!
I guess that the current fear is the fear of recurrence... But I guess the best I can do right now is to keep moving forward with my current diet (down 10 pounds already) and stay on course for the next several months, even if I believe it's healed (as it takes a while for the skin to be strong again after healing)...
One challenging thing is to differentiate blood from hemmies and the fissure. I guess the CRS will be able to tell, but it makes it harder to "track" progress.
I will keep you all posted and again, thanks for the great support! ;-)
dan2012
Salt Bather

Topics: 14