Peeing After?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Peeing After?

Postby small_flower » 11 Feb 2007, 19:32

What is all this Ive been reading about not being able to pee after surgery??? Thats something I hadn't even considered and now Im really ever more scared!!! I have problems with chronic UTI's and that is not going to make the condition any better. What do i do????
Really scared....
kate
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Re: Peeing After?

Postby Deleted User 5 » 11 Feb 2007, 19:42

That's something else to ask your CRS. My understanding is that this is more of a male rather than a female problem. But I could be wrong.
It can't be related to just UTIs as I NEVER have UTIs, which is generally more of a -- you guessed it -- female rather than a male problem! yet I couldn't pee at first right after surgery (which also happened to me in 2002 when I had an appendectomy).
If it were to happen to you, then you'd get a cath and it'd be over with. Once they cathed me, I was able to go on my own. They continuing problems *I* had with peeing after surgery were probably related to a growing prostate, something I have as a decrepid old man, but a vivacious young lady just WON'T have THAT problem :)
Besides, I seem to be the only one on the entire board that's had the problem. RELAX!
Hugh Image
Deleted User 5

Postby small_flower » 11 Feb 2007, 20:07

((((((((hug))))))))
Thanks a lot hugh.
kate
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Postby Cheryl » 11 Feb 2007, 20:24