Hey - new here

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hey - new here

Postby SteveR » 10 Jul 2012, 00:39

Hello all,
Its great to find somewhere where you can discuss some of the things going on.
I have been having problems now every day for three months, after an operation for haemorrhoids which was mean to make things better. Basically I have gone from problems every 3 months, that lasted a week or so, to problems every single day. On occasions after going to the toilet it takes me up to 5 hours to feel ok again.
I have since been back to the hospital many times and now have another operation planned for three weeks time, which I am not really looking forward to.
On my last visit the consultant confirmed that I had an anal polyp which prolapses every time I go to the toilet, which along side my muscles being in spasm had caused an anal fissure. He gave me this time Anoheal to help, which was a god send in the first week, but now isn’t so good.
I don’t know if anyone else has had the same problem, but I now have really quite painful muscle spasms and cramps that can go on for hours. This has meant that I feel bruised inside and has made it harder to go to the toilet again. I didn’t think this was possible because the cream is meant to make the muscle relax. Has this happened to anyone else?
SteveR
Salt Bather

Topics: 14

Re: Hey - new here

Postby Sue27uk » 10 Jul 2012, 03:05

Hi Steve, you poor thing! I really hope you feel better soon, unfortunately I have not had all these things you are speaking about. Have you tried rectogesic 9nitro in the US)? That may help with the spasms :)
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21

Re: Hey - new here

Postby SteveR » 10 Jul 2012, 12:47

Thank you for that Sue - I am currently using Anoheal which is meant to do the same thing. However since I started using it, I get significantly worse spasms. But I dont want to stop using it, because it has made BM significantly easier.
SteveR
Salt Bather

Topics: 14