Botox

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Botox

Postby Guest » 16 Jul 2012, 14:21

Hi I'm new here, I'm suffering with AF for 6mths now & as you all know it's hell. I feel like I'm falling apart. Im so glad i found this site it really helps. I am having Botox 25th July after reading a few posts here I'm terrified it won't work for me. Does anyone actually recommend it?

Re: Botox

Postby ChrisM » 20 Jul 2012, 06:30

I had it done yesterday, so far its made things worse!! dont wish to worry you as many people find it helpful I hear. Will keep you posted
ChrisM
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Guest » 23 Jul 2012, 05:04

Hi holy crap really?? Sorry to hear your still suffering. I'm so nervous 2 days till Botox Image How are you feeling now?

Postby ChrisM » 23 Jul 2012, 05:16

It's mildly improved my ability to pass gas but nothing to write home about, try and make sure they give you an ample ammount id say as Im convinced im going to either now need more botox or surgery. This is so frustrating!
Whatever you decide, realise you are not alone! many others here are suffering like us!
ChrisM
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Guest » 23 Jul 2012, 08:40

I have been told that I may need a 2nd round of Botox in 3mths time & if that doesn't work I dread to think!!! I am hoping for instant pain relief can't put up with this much longer I'm cracking up :( I can hardly walk now.
I do hope everyday gets better for you :).

Postby Sue27uk » 24 Jul 2012, 11:28

Botox isn't instant relief I'm afraid! It takes 1 - 1.5 weeks to take effect. It improved me but didn't heal. Whatever you do, don't strain after your first bm. This caused me to re-tear and I had alot of pain because of it. Please don't worry about the procedure, it is pretty straightforward, you may have some pain but nothing compared to fissure pain!! Good luck! :)
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21

Postby Guest » 25 Jul 2012, 00:43

Thanks at least I know what to expect!! Today is the day will update how I get on.

Postby Guest » 28 Jul 2012, 15:03

Well I had the botox & removal of some hemorriodes 3 days ago I was in a lot of pain after procedure & was dreading first BM but to my surprise it wasn't too bad I had taken movicol which kept everything nice & soft. I still have some pain & sml amount of bleeding but find it manageable with some painkillers that my CRS prescribed. I hope it's just going to get better from here on :) @ chrisM how are you feeling now?

Postby richibeno » 27 Aug 2012, 05:08

hi i am booked in for the 10 sept for botox and polyp removal how are you getting on now ,pain and healing ok
not looking forward to this
richibeno
VIP

Topics: 28

Postby Guest » 27 Aug 2012, 12:58

Hi Richibeno,
Don't be worried you will be fine 😊. I'm doing great I don't have any pain now. Every now & again I get a shooting pain up my backside just to remind me it's still there but overall it's all good. I'm back with my CRS on 7th sept will know then how much my fissure has healed. I still take movicol & lactulose every night to keep things soft