hi new on here fissure again

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

hi new on here fissure again

Postby richibeno » 12 Aug 2012, 05:30

hi guys been reading this forum for a couple of weeks now ts great to know that you are not alone with these horrible fissures ,mine started four and a half years ago snaped my cruciate ligament ,so had 2 ops and loads of meds ,which i think brought on the fissure ,the pain the blood ,i visited a doc treated ect took about 4 months to heal ,have had one or two a year since not as bad ,but had some strong anibiotics 4 weeks ago and a now in trouble again, could this be the same fissure or fissure opening up , the passing glass pains ,the burning pain ,the throbbing pains ,the doc i saw 4 years ago put me on the rectogesic good stuff ,if you can handle the headaches ,,this time is worse ,like the first one i had ,this site has been great ,iv been taking 3 sachets of fibre gel ,loads of water trying to keep off of hard foods ,and red meet ,no coffee (owch),wet wipes , shower after a bm.using rectogesic ,morning and night ,also using some lube before a bm ,and i read about puting olive oil in a drink twice a day to help you do a bm ,i read about this mirilax would this help me ,would i cut out the fibre gel ect
many thanks
richibeno
VIP

Topics: 28

Re: hi new on here fissure again

Postby Savaici » 12 Aug 2012, 13:12

Hello, and welcome to the site! Sorry you have to be here, but you couldn't have 'landed' in a better place.
A lot of people on here take Miralax, and most doctors recommend it as being the least problematical. It is an osmotic laxative, which means that it draws water into the stool from the surrounding tissues. Milk of Magnesia is also this form of laxative, and I use that (though not much of it). Miralax upset my stomach Image
You should continue using fibre in your diet, as fibre - and water - help to make your stools soft, though do not go into excess with the fibre as this can make the stools too big. Complicated journey. I eat very light, so probably have about 15-20 g of fibre a day. (25g is recommended for women, 38g for men.)
Hope this helps! :D
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222