15 years of AF, CRS appointment - disappointed

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

15 years of AF, CRS appointment - disappointed

Postby mum24Darlings » 15 Aug 2012, 08:59

HI
I have suffered quite silently with Anal fissures since I had my first child approx 15 yrs ago. I was diagnosed at doctors back then. I have managed it at home as it has been intermittent for this long. However after surgery a year ago the problem has got a lot worse. Finally I could bear it no more, with on and off bleeding with pain, however I dont seem to have spasms like others after a painful BM within a few mins the pain is gone howver I am aware its sore all day when moving and sitting but not unbearable at all, SO went to my doc, who gave me lidocaine and referred me to a CRS. Went back after 2 weeks as worse and given supositories and told to wait for crs app, after a 3 month wait for my app, highly embarassed I went along hoping for, I guess a quick fix. I was examined and told I had a fissure that was chronic and that they are hard to heal. He seemed a bit angry with the cream that doc had given and prescribed anoheal (dilaezem?) and then said they will sen me a follow up in 3 months! 3 months!!!! anyone else had to suffer this long. I was also told that there are various creams, then after them botox, finally last result surgery but its not very nice, you dont want that!! I am fed up of being in pain and I know even if it heals this time it will happen again. I do the diet thing, fibre drinks, loads of water. Image
mum24Darlings

Topics: 1

Re: 15 years of AF, CRS appointment - disappointed

Postby Savaici » 15 Aug 2012, 18:30

Hi m24d,
The CRS probably wasn't impressed with the Suppositries, if they are something for hemorrhoids, as they do nothing for AFs. Diltiazem is for AFs. It is a calcium channel blocker,but is usually prescribed for acute AFs. It helps to expand the blood vessels and heal the AF, in theory.
The CRS probably also thought you could hang on for another 3 mths if this has been on going for some years. I have 'only' had mine for going on three years and had the same thing.
You might want to check out Davo's story (go to the Memberlist above and once you find his name, look at posts started by him) on his surgery. He lives in Lodon and was operated on by a great surgeon.
There are not that many creams - there are Diltiazem and Nifedipine, both CCBs, and Rectagesic which is GTN, and has a tendency towards headaches when using, for some.
Use the Diltiazem regularly - it takes time to work - and you never know, it might help. Read what others have said about Botox. Personally, would not have it.
There is a lot of info on here. If you use the search facility it usually brings up what others have experienced.
Welcome to the group, sorry did not put that at the beginning!! And we are here for you, as one way or another, we have been there. Image
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Re: 15 years of AF, CRS appointment - disappointed

Postby mum24Darlings » 18 Aug 2012, 14:13

Thank you for your reply, have read nearly all Davo's threads and am now pretty educated on this. I think I was quite embarassed when i went for my crs appointment, esp as he was very young and dishy and also had a 18ish yr old student with him!! so probably never explained my symptoms very thorough neither did I let him know how much it hurt when i was examined, ( i just grin and beared it) looking back prob the wrong thing to do. I wrote a list to take with me but was so thrown I didnt get it out. lol. So far know relief with the diltiazem but will persevere and sit it out until 3 months has passed. One question I do have is, that is this something that is hereditory?? as my mother suffered the same years ago but was just given surgery straight away and never suffered since. Didn't tell the crs that, was on my list doh! Anyway thanks so much for the reply I am finding the site so helpful. :)
mum24Darlings

Topics: 1