Here i go again...

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Here i go again...

Postby Neen » 04 Sep 2012, 17:56

I had fissurectomy/LIS in April...developed a PAINFUL skintag in June.The skintag has hurt every day except for last week for a few days but I had already scheduled an appt with my surgeon to take a look. Of course it was lovely that day, not inflamed etc. so I had hope I was finally getting over this and we decided not to do anything. (i dont care what my ass looks like, if that skin tag doesnt hurt, why mess with it)? Well yesterday and today it hurt like hell again and I called dr. he wanted to see me while it was hurting so I went in today. He couldnt believe the difference from last Thurs! So we scheduled to have it hacked off on this coming Monday. he also wants to take a look and make sure nothing else is going on. I feel fine otherwise but this is getting me down ...it's been 9 months since all this started and surgery 5 months ago...I am soooo ready to have my life not revolve around my ass pain!that being said, this is nothing compared to the fissure pain. This is like a headache in my ahole!Anyway, so I will be doing preop stuff on Sunday, surgery is Monday a.m. Clear liquids on Sunday. Should I still take miralax on Sunday so that whatever comes out on mon will be soft? Or will the cleaning out on Sunday be enough and I should just wait until Monday after surgery to continue Miralax? I forgot to ask the dr....but I think someone on here might know. Thanks and wish me luck! (my friends tease me that I will have the nicest looking hole around and I will be ready to model...lol)
Neen
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Re: Here i go again...

Postby Ever the Optimist » 05 Sep 2012, 13:59

Neen,
So sorry you are back again and that your backside is giving you grief once more. Image
I would personally just continue with the Miralax and your normal routine right up to the op and then after.
Did the skin flap come about after all your earlier surgery or before? Wishing you all the very best on Monday and hope they get you sorted once & for all!
Ah! I can feel your despair after going through everything so far and now having to face more surgery! I am getting over a post-op for a Fistula and after seeing my consultant recently, have been told I have to go back for a further examination under anaesthetic because something still isn't quite right I think...and I so wanted it all to be coming to an end too....
Like you, it's nothing compared to the stuff going on pre-op but it's still a blow for it to not be over!
Anyway at least you have a sense of humour about it all!!
Best of luck & update us :)
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Re: Here i go again...

Postby Neen » 05 Sep 2012, 18:08

Thanks ETO...I feel like you know how I feel . Sorry you are not completely healed either. It is just such a long process. My skin tag came 2 months after surgery. And yhe surgeon says it could come back..but he also agrees it needs to come off. Honestly I don't remember what it was like to not worry about the size of my poo and how my butt feels. I hope your exam goes well. I am amazed that nobody has figured out a solution to all our butt problems...certainly there has to be a medical genius out there somewhere! Keep me updated on your visit please...I will be praying all goes well! :D
Neen
Salt Bather

Topics: 7