Fed Up

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Fed Up

Postby sadies-day » 29 Jul 2012, 10:17

It's been a little over 4 weeks now since my LIS/tag removal surgery to take care of a fissure that I had for the last couple of years. I'd luv to be able to say that I feel better now then before the surgery but I can't. Never had any pain before, just irritation following a BM. Now I've got a little pain and I'm still irritated following a BM. I know I'm still in the 6-8 week "healing" period but I would have expected to see at least some improvement. My sphincter muscle is definitely not as tight which I guess is a good thing. Also, the tag is supposedly gone (not that I ever really felt nor saw it). I'm starting to feel like this is going to be my status quo from now on - lots of wetones, balneol, and calmoseptine. Anyhow, sorry for the venting.
sadies-day
Salt Bather

Topics: 13

Re: Fed Up

Postby palash » 08 Sep 2012, 00:26

Let mother nature take her course, it will definitely take some more time to heal completely. What I suggest is to keep faith in god and tell yourself that a full life is waiting for you at the end of the tunnel, so you better not break down halfway! :) all the best in your recovery, keep me posted. My prayers are with you
palash
Salt Bather

Topics: 7