A quick question re Botox

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: A quick question re Botox

Postby Tryingtokeepcalm » 07 Sep 2012, 06:33

Hello again,
Sorry to hear that botox has proved so problematic for so many. I am now nearly 2 months after my treatment and pleased to say that I think I am nearly there. It did take some time and the aloe vera gel was a useful post-proceedure addition to my healing, but my fissure has almost gone. Saw my CRS on Monday and he advised taking the Movicol for another month or two and keeping careful.
BMs are almost pain-free - usually mild discomfort that lasts a second at worst - and there has been no blood for about two weeks. And there hasn't been much for considerably longer.
It will take me a couple more months to think the episode has truly passed, but I am very hopeful.
Hope my experience is useful to share. Good luck to anyone suffering from this hideous condition.
Tryingtokeepcalm
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: A quick question re Botox

Postby richibeno » 13 Sep 2012, 15:28

hey tryingtokeepcalm how long was it before you had an acceptable pain level, im 3 days post botox and polyp removal ,still very sore and painfull ,tender in the area ,alot of presure too ,when it builds up i get the erge to go ,maybe i should cut back on movicol,did you use rectogesic ,and if so did you carry on using it post op
thanks
richibeno
VIP

Topics: 28