Had hemorrhoidectomy 7 weeks ago and now may need LIS

Do you have Hemorrhoids and are contemplating or have had a Hemorrhoidectomy? If you are thinking of surgery, or want to ask questions on anything to do with Hemorrhoids, or want to share with others who have been through this, this is the place!

Return to Hemorrhoids and Hemorrhoidectomy

Had hemorrhoidectomy 7 weeks ago and now may need LIS

Postby Badd825 » 19 Sep 2012, 16:02

What an ordeal. I had hemorrhoidectomy almost 7 weeks ago. I always felt that my symptoms were fissure related. My CRS did an EAU and did not see a fissure and thought my pain was from hemorrhoids and clotted veins. He removed them and a skin tag. He didn't perform LIS since he said he wouldn't do that unless he saw a fissure. Fast forward to my 2nd post op. He says I'm not healing and I have a fissure as a result of the surgery. I maintain I've had it all along since my symptoms are exactly the same as pre op. He put me back on nifidepine and wants to give it a few weeks before doing LIS. The fist CRS I saw back in April did Botox and said LIS would be next if it didn't work. Why was he willing to do LIS without evidence of a fissure? I didn't like him so I went to my current CRS. I'm wondering now if the first CRS was right all along and if the hemorrhoidectomy was even necessary. I'm so depressed and really at the end of my rope. Has this happened to anyone? This all started back in December after I had 2 clots removed from thrombosed hemorrhoids.
Badd825
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Re: Had hemorrhoidectomy 7 weeks ago and now may need LIS

Postby pinpin » 08 Jan 2014, 15:45

Hello,

Could you update, if you had LIS and how are you doing nowadays?
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good

Re: Had hemorrhoidectomy 7 weeks ago and now may need LIS

Postby JHH » 09 Jan 2014, 07:57

Igrik. He went to have dilation, and have not been here for a year. I guess it worked :-)

lis-or-botox-for-af-please-help-t5905.html#p81431
- Fissure developed in Jan '13
- Started rectogesic in Feb '13 and diltiazem Apr '13.
- Got botox Jun '13
- Healed by Okt '13, although I still had some irritation for about a year.
- New fissure April '22, healed June 2022
- New fissure 24. December 2023
JHH

Topics: 16

Return to Hemorrhoids and Hemorrhoidectomy