Had my LIS surgery yesterday

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Had my LIS surgery yesterday

Postby Bumpkin » 21 Sep 2012, 18:23

Hello Grateful Al~!
I know that none of this business if funny, but I truly appreciate it when someone conveys such a great sense of humor about all this stuff. Thank you for making me laugh! Image
You have quite an elaborate clean-up ritual! The only thing I do after a BM is sit on my sitz bath for 15 minutes, jump in the shower to let water run over the site, and then dry with a hair dryer. It seems to do the trick. I can't imagine wiping anything at this point. To be honest, I can barely bring myself to look to see where my skin tag wound site is...so it would be a blind attempt. I will, however, have to figure out what to do once I no longer have the luxury of staying home all day. When that time comes, I shall refer back to your cleaning ritual. Image
Below is a link to my summary of my LIS experience and the first week post-op. Today is day #7 and I finally feel like I'm turning the corner. After my post-op appointment this morning, I actually felt well enough to have lunch with a friend out in the real world!
http://anal-fissure.org/t5366-lis-surgery-1st-week
Bumpkin
Salt Bather

Topics: 2