BOTOX - Got appointment. Advice?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: BOTOX - Got appointment. Advice?

Postby T-Rex » 10 Oct 2012, 04:40

Hi OMB. Just home from the dr. Unfortunately he said he didn't want to give AntiDepressant tablet because he thought it was the whole package getting me down and that when I got my good sleeping back on track and surgery I wouldnt need them anymore.
He gave me Chlorphenamine which I've had before to help me sleep and reduce itching (which in turn leads to pain.)
So home I am with a sore bum and tired eyes but something to help me sleep! Not all is at loss.
T-Rex
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby cherylk » 10 Oct 2012, 07:11

I take AD also--especially when I am having any kind of problems.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 10 Oct 2012, 09:17

Hi again,
That's awful you are dealing with this in your final yr I so hope it works out for you. As for the botox I sort of got immediate results where as I didn't have the awful spasm pain but was very tender & got some shooting pains for a wk or so. I just took it very easy for a bit which helped. I hope it works for you too. After day 7 i didnt need my strong pain killers which was great because i was going around like a zombie. I see from your last post your gp gave you something to help you sleep I hope it helps.
Take care 😊

Postby restoremybody » 15 Oct 2012, 18:22

Hi T-Rex, thanks for your post. I am seeing my CRS again in 1 week and he mentioned botox last time if my nitro didn't heal it up. ( been 9 months of this)Nitro definitely helped but i can still feel that cutting feeling. I also have a hem that he thinks he may band above one day. Not sure if it will be at the same time, or maybe the botox alone will allow it to heal. I will make sure to follow your posts. I wish you good healing.
restoremybody
Salt Bather

Topics: 20

Postby cherylk » 15 Oct 2012, 20:08

Restore,
I love MN--especially in the summers. Image
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46